From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Revision as of 22:12, 11 February 2013 by Rocket Admin Hunter Blade (→Trivia: I'm pretty sure everybody knows what a thunderstorm is. No need to link.)
Hurricane cannot miss when used during heavy rain, but has an accuracy of 50% during intense sunlight. Hurricane can hit a Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turns of air-based moves such as Fly, Bounce, and Sky Drop.
By leveling up
|Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.|
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.
In the anime
|The user attacks by wrapping its opponent in a fierce wind that flies up into the sky.|
|User||First Used In||Notes|
|Tornadus||Tornadus's tail glows white and it swings its tail, releasing multiple white crescent-shaped energy blades from its tail at the opponent. When the energy blades hit the opponent, they explode, causing a powerful wind to come out of them.|
|A wild Tornadus||Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1||Debut|
|Swanna||Swanna's wings glow light blue and it flaps them, releasing a powerful gust of wind.|
|Skyla's Swanna||Cilan Takes Flight!||None|
|Tornadus||Tornadus's wings glow light blue. It then flaps them, creating a strong gust of wind.|
|A wild Tornadus||Unova's Survival Crisis!||None|
- Both Hurricane and Thunder never miss during heavy rain. This may be a relation to a thunderstorm.
- Whimsicott and Volcarona are the only non-Flying types to learn this move.
- Of these two, Whimsicott is the only one that is not based on a flying creature.
- Other than Smeargle, no Generation II Pokémon can learn this move, not even Lugia, who is said to be able to whip up a 40-day storm when flapping its wings.
- In fact, there are no known Pokémon from an even numbered generation that can learn this move at all.
In other languages
|Variations of the move Blizzard|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|