From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hurricane (Japanese: ぼうふう Windstorm) is a damage-dealing Flying-type move introduced in Generation V.
Hurricane deals damage and has a 30% chance of confusing the target. Hurricane can hit non-adjacent opponents in Triple Battles.
Hurricane cannot miss when used during heavy rain, but has an accuracy of 50% during intense sunlight. Hurricane can hit a Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turns of air-based moves such as Fly, Bounce, and Sky Drop.
|| The user attacks by wrapping its opponent in a fierce wind that flies up into the sky. It may also confuse the target.
In the anime
- Both Hurricane and Thunder never miss during heavy rain. This may be a relation to a thunderstorm.
- Whimsicott and Volcarona are the only non-Flying types to learn this move.
- Of these two, Whimsicott is the only one that is not based on a flying creature.
- Other than Smeargle no Generation II Pokémon can learn this move, even Lugia, who is said to be able to whip up a 40-day storm when flapping its wings.
- In fact, there are no known Pokémon from an even numbered generation that can learn this move at all.
In other languages