In the games
In the main series games, the player and their rival will begin their journey in their hometown, venturing onto the first routes from there, encountering the Pokémon Professor, and getting their starter Pokémon. After defeating the Elite Four and Champion, the player will start again from their hometown when the game is next loaded.
The hometown varies with the region the player starts in:
- Kanto: Pallet Town
- Johto: New Bark Town
- Hoenn: Littleroot Town
- Sinnoh: Twinleaf Town
- Unova: Nuvema TownBW/Aspertia CityB2W2
- Kalos: Vaniville Town
| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Needs entire picture of Aspertia City.
Littleroot Town in Ruby and Sapphire
Littleroot Town in Emerald
Twinleaf Town in Diamond and Pearl
Twinleaf Town in Platinum
Nuvema Town in Black and White
Aspertia City in Black 2 and White 2
Vaniville Town in X and Y
In the anime
Hometowns in the anime are more diverse than in the video games. Main characters (and their rivals) are not always limited to the six towns specified in the video games. Like many of the other settlements in the anime, the hometowns are significantly larger than their game counterparts.
- Pallet Town is the hometown to both Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak. Other residents include Professor Oak, Delia, and Tracey Sketchit.
- Pewter City is the hometown of Brock, Forrest, their parents, Lola and Flint, and eight other siblings. Until he met Ash, Brock was the Leader of the Pewter City Gym. While he was Gym Leader, he took care of his brothers and sisters on his own. Solidad is also native to Pewter City.
- Cerulean City is the hometown of Misty and her sisters. She lived there until the age of ten when she decided to become a Water Pokémon master and to get away from her sisters. She returned to Cerulean City later on and became a full-time Gym Leader.
- Frodomar City is an anime-exclusive location that is the hometown of Ritchie. It was mentioned only in the English dub of the anime.
- New Bark Town is the hometown of Casey, Jimmy, Marina, and Vincent. Professor Elm is also a resident there.
- Ecruteak City is the hometown of Sakura.
- Littleroot Town is the hometown of Harrison. Other notable residents include Professor Birch.
- Petalburg City is the hometown of May and Max, their mother and their father Norman, the Gym Leader there. Max has since returned to his hometown in preparation for his own Pokémon journey.
- Slateport City is the hometown of Harley.
- Mauville City is the hometown of Tyson. Other notable residents would be the Gym Leader, Wattson, and his assistant, Watt.
- Verdanturf Town is the hometown of Morrison.
- LaRousse City is an anime-exclusive location that is the hometown of May's rival, Drew.
- Twinleaf Town is the hometown of Dawn, Kenny, and Barry. Other residents include Dawn's mother, Johanna.
- Veilstone City is the hometown of Ash's rival Paul and his brother Reggie. Another notable resident is the Gym Leader, Maylene.
- Snowpoint City is the hometown of Dawn's rival Zoey. Another notable resident is the Gym Leader, Candice.
- Nuvema Town is the hometown of Trip. Another notable resident is Professor Juniper.
- Striaton City is the hometown of the Gym Leader and friend of Ash's, Cilan. Other notable residents include his brothers, Chili and Cress, and Professor Fennel.
- The Village of Dragons is the hometown of Iris. Another notable resident is its elder.
In the manga
The various series of Pokémon manga follow the games in having their main characters start in Pallet Town, New Bark Town, Littleroot Town, Twinleaf Town and Nuvema Town. There are some characters, though, that have unique hometowns such as Yellow from Pokémon Adventures who was born in Viridian Forest.
|This article is part of Project Cities and Towns, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every city and town in the Pokémon world.|