From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
|| This article does not yet meet the quality standards of Bulbapedia. Please feel free to edit this article to make it conform to Bulbapedia norms and conventions.
The history of the Pokémon world are been know until this day because these histories were been passed down into/on legends that has been passed down to generation to generation. Nobody knows if it is real or not, but there are some symbols that proofs that these legends are real.
Below here is a timeline of events in the history of the Pokémon world, primarily those established in the canon of the Pokémon games, since these apply most to other forms of canon. There is also a separate timeline of events for the Pokémon anime.
Beginning of the universe
This information is based primarily on the mythology of both the Sinnoh and Hoenn regions.
- Creation of Pokémon world
- Groudon is formed from magma, Kyogre is formed by the pressure in the deep sea trenches, Rayquaza is formed by the minerals of the ozone layer.
- Groudon brings the land, Kyogre expands the sea.
- Mew is born.
- Groudon and Kyogre battle, destroying nearly all the Hoenn region.
- Rayquaza stopped the battle between Groudon and Kyogre. Both Pokémon had fallen into deep sleep: Kyogre was sealed into the Deep-Sea Seafloor cavern, and Groudon was sealed on the Mystic caves of Mt. Chimney. Red and Blue Orbs were created and guarded in the high peaks of Mt. Pyre to prevent the awakening of Kyogre and Groudon which will start into a battle.
- Rayquaza had fallen into a deep sleep and sealed away into the ancient Sky Pillar.
- Mt. Coronet is created.
- Regigigas moves the continents.
- The Sinnoh region is created around Mt. Coronet
- Stark Mountain is created, Heatran is formed from lava.
This information is based primarily on the study of fossils and archaeological remains.
- Millions of years before Generation I
- 10000 years before Generation I
- 1500 years before Generation I
- The earliest known system for writing is developed and used at the Ruins of Alph, Tanoby Ruins, and Solaceon Ruins. Archaeologists are currently unsure whether the nearly identical Unown preceded or succeeded the writing system, but it is assumed they share some sort of connection.
- Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi are born, Shaymin brings an abundance of plant life, Celebi travels through time, and Jirachi begins its 1000 year sleep for a 7 day wish.
- Darkrai is born on New Moon Island and Cresselia is born on Fullmoon Island, Darkrai summons nightmares on Pokémon and people, and Cresselia cures the trail of nightmares Darkrai left on them.
- Kyogre, with the help of Manaphy and Lugia, expand the sea.
- Herds of Latias and Latios are born.
- Swarms of Lunatone and Solrock fall into Earth from space.
- Farfetch'd population decreased by hunting.
This information is based on historic records.
- First humans land on the moon.
- Generation I/Generation III: The events of Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
- Red/Leaf leaves Pallet Town on his/her Pokémon journey after their rival, Professor Oak's grandson, Blue. After getting the eight badges of Kanto, defeating Team Rocket along the way, he/she challenges Kanto's Elite Four, then its current champion, none other than Blue himself. After defeating Blue, Red/Leaf becomes the champion, then ventures to the Sevii Islands to eradicate Team Rocket and help Celio to connect his Pokémon Net Center to the Hoenn region. Eventually, Red ends up at Mt. Silver, training day and night, and Lance ends up as champion. Blue, dejected, takes the empty gym in Viridian City.
- Brendan/May leaves Littleroot Town on a Pokémon journey shortly after moving to the Hoenn region from Johto by saving the local Pokémon professor from an attacking wild Pokémon. At first, there is a deep-seated rivalry with Professor Birch's son/daughter, however, later on, the rivalry is with Wally instead. After defeating Hoenn's eight Gym Leaders and, with the help of Rayquaza, calming both Groudon and Kyogre, released from their banishment by Team Magma and Team Aqua, respectively, he/she challenges and defeats Hoenn's Elite Four and current champion, becoming the champion him/herself, much to the astonishment of Birch's child.
- Three years after Generation I/Generation III, Generation II/Generation IV: The events of Gold, Silver, Crystal, Diamond and Pearl.
- Gold/Kris leaves New Bark Town on an errand for Professor Elm, bonding with his/her starter Pokémon on the way. A red-haired boy steals one of Elm's three Pokémon, and challenges him/her as Gold/Kris's journey across Johto continues. A revived Team Rocket, using plans formulated three years prior, enrages many Gyarados, including a red one, at the Lake of Rage and as well takes over the Johto Radio Tower in a desperate attempt to contact Giovanni. As they are defeated, the leader vows to never again re-form Team Rocket, and Gold/Kris continues to gather Johto's badges, eventually gaining all eight and traveling to the Pokémon League at the Indigo Plateau in Kanto. After championing it, over a new Elite Four and its previous champion, Lance, Gold/Kris then heads to the Kanto region to challenge its eight gyms, which have changed from three years prior. After gaining all eight of their badges, for a total of sixteen, Professor Oak declares him/her ready to travel to Mt. Silver, deep in the caves of where he/she meets and defeats Red.
- Lucas/Dawn and Pearl leave Twinleaf Town in an attempt to see a Pokémon like the recently-reported red Gyarados in the nearest of Sinnoh's lakes, Lake Verity. After being attacked by a wild Starly at the lake, and using one of Professor Rowan's Pokémon to fend off the attacker, the journey begins in earnest, where both Lucas/Dawn and Pearl challenge the Sinnoh region's eight gyms to gain the badges necessary to challenge the Pokémon League. Along the way, however, Lucas/Dawn is brought into many conflicts with Team Galactic, whose leader, Cyrus, wishes to re-make the entire universe in his image with the powers of the legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia. Defeating the team and calming Dialga/Palkia, Lucas/Dawn challenges Sinnoh's Elite Four and champion, Cynthia, and becomes champion him/herself.
- Meteor strikes Earth, forming 2 Deoxys.