From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hideyoshi (Japanese: ヒデヨシ) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
In the games
Hideyoshi celebrating with Warriors
and Pokémon in the kingdom of Ignis
| Warrior Skill
|| Quick Strike
| Perfect Links
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Monferno or Infernape.
- Transforms to Rank III by reaching a 70% link with Reshiram. Unlike every other Warlord Rank, Hideyoshi's Rank III is hidden, likely due to requiring a Wi-Fi download. The same happens with Reshiram in the Gallery.
- When using a supereffective attack:
- "<move's name>! Now's the time!"
- "We'll show 'em what we got!"
- "Can't wait to see who I'm gonna meet!"
- "You're coming with me, <Pokémon's name>? 'Sgo!"
- After winning a battle:
- If a castle was defeated:
- "Yes! <kingdom's name> is all ours!"
- When a species of Pokémon appears in a kingdom because of a password:
- "This is definitely a chance to link!"
- "You know, I've been thinking... Ransei is full of people and Pokémon, right? But it's only some people—Warriors—that can communicate with Pokémon. Don't you think it'd be great if everyone could communicate with Pokémon? What a happy world that would be! It's the kind of world I've always dreamed of!"
- "Yeah...I'll show ya! Now, the storybooks say that this world was created by a legendary Pokémon. And they also say that the one who captures all 17 castles gets to see this Pokémon, right?"
- "Yeah! I am! I'm gonna summon the legendary Pokémon, and together we're gonna change this world!"
- At the end of Happily Ever After:
- "I did it... I finally did it... Huh?"
- "Wh-What's that...?!"
- "It's here! The legendary Pokémon! It won't be long now! Soon we'll have a world where all people can live happily together with Pokémon!"
- "All right, I have decided. The Warrior that shall represent our kingdom is... Hanbei!"
- "Yeah, of course! There's no one out there that's a match for you!"
- "That's the spirit, Hanbei! Now, don't let me down, all right?"
- At the end of The Reluctant Genius:
- "Yee-hah! You did it! Great work, Hanbei!"
- "Wh-What's the matter, Hanbei?! Surely you haven't caught a cold?!"
- "Hanbei! Don't be so cruel! Haha!"
- "Oh, wow! This is amazing! so this is the power of a legendary Pokémon, huh? Hey, why don't you come with me, Reshiram?! Together, we'll make ourselves famous throughout Ransei!"
Behind the cheerful exterior of this Warrior lies an unusually sharp intelligence and a rare capacity to perceive things as they really are.
Hideyoshi is based on the real-life Toyotomi Hideyoshi of Japanese history. Hideyoshi was originally a servant of Nobunaga's who rose to power in his army, succeeding Nobunaga after his death. Nene was his first wife, Chacha (Yodo-dono) was his concubine and second wife, and Maa (Ma'a) was a concubine. Hanbei and Kanbei were Hideyoshi's strategists. Hideyori (Toyotomi Hideyori) was his and Chacha's son, and Hideaki (Kobayakawa Hideaki) was a nephew and adopted son. Takakage (Kobayakawa Takakage), Motonari's son, was one of Hideyoshi's retainers.
- Hideyoshi often having Chimchar as his default Pokémon, and sharing Perfect Links with its evolved forms, is likely in reference to real-life Toyotomi Hideyoshi's nickname, Kozaru, meaning "little monkey".