Hidenori Kusaka became successful with the Pokémon Adventures manga about the time it was released. Unlike The Electric Tale of Pikachu, there have been few alterations to the artwork to bring it to Western audiences. It is one of the most widely known and translated Pokémon manga series worldwide.
In 2000, Mato caught a disease making her hand weak. She now couldn't illustrate for the manga due to her disease. Kusaka was afraid that this could jeopardize the manga and it would have to withdraw. However, he met a new illustrator, Satoshi Yamamoto, who was willing to illustrate for the future volumes.
Pokémon manga by Hidenori Kusaka
- Pokémon Adventures (1997-present)
- Pokémon Colosseum: Scenario Mode Walkthrough Comic (2004, appeared in Netkun Grade 3 magazine)
- Pokémon Colosseum: Fastest Walkthrough Comic (2004, appeared in Netkun Grade 4 magazine)
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness: Dark Lugia Special Comic (2005, appeared in Netkun Grade 4 magazine)
- W Mission Story: Pokémon Ranger - the Comic
- Darkrai Mission Story: Pokémon Ranger Vatonage - the Comic
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|