From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Elesa (Japanese: カミツレ Kamiture) is the Gym Leader of Nimbasa City's Gym, known officially as the Nimbasa Gym. She specializes in Template:Type2 Pokémon. She gives the Bolt Badge to Trainers who defeat her.
In the games
Elesa makes her debut in Pokémon Black and White, serving as the Nimbasa City Gym Leader. This Gym is the fourth that the player may challenge. The player can challenge her to a battle after riding a series of roller coasters to her location, a process involving the flipping of multiple switches so the tracks take the player to her.
Elesa specializes in Electric-type Pokémon. She utilises a strategy that involves using Volt Switch between her two Emolga, and later Zebstrika. Upon defeating her, she will reward the player with the a Bolt Badge and TM72 (Volt Switch).
Outside of battle, Elesa is a supermodel. She appears when Bianca attempts to convince her father to allow her to become a Pokémon Trainer. Elesa aids her, convincing Bianca's father to give his daughter the permission to follow her dream. When the player leaves Nimbasa City, it is Elesa who appears briefly on Route 5 and tells the bridge guard to lower the Driftveil Drawbridge so the player may cross it. She then appears at N's Castle, where she and the other Unova Gym Leaders hold off the Seven Sages while the player goes after N. While not strictly relevant to the plot, Elesa also visits Cynthia in the summer at Undella Town, as do the other female Gym Leaders and Elite Four members.
- "Sweetie, you keep going on your travels."
- "My name is Elesa. I'm this town's Gym Leader. I also happen to be a model."
- "You know, there are many people in this world. There are people whose way of thinking may be completely different from yours. Sometimes, this means you may get hurt."
- "But it's important to keep trying, to learn about the differences between yourself and others... To learn that being different is OK. And you shouldn't worry. Trainers always have Pokémon at their side. Pokémon are wonderful. It's not only how cute they can be, but also how much you can depend on them..."
- "I'm sure he traveled as a Trainer himself, in the past... Being a parent must be hard."
- "Did I meddle unnecessarily? You looked troubled, so I decided to chime in."
- "By the way, if you're Trainers, please stop by the Pokémon Gym. I'll teach you a little something about how tough a journey can get."*
- "I'm sorry, <player>. I'll be waiting on Route 5."*
- "Did the fantastic speed leave you dizzy? My beloved Pokémon will be the next one to make your head spin!"
- "You and your Pokémon... are shining brilliantly!"
- After sending out last Pokémon
- "A properly dramatic victory requires a dash of danger and a pinch of peril."
- "I meant to make your head spin, but you shocked me instead."
- "My, oh my... You have a sweet fighting style. I mean, you're a great Trainer! Excuse me, I...uh... Oh, here! I want you to have this!"
- "If you have four Badges, including this Bolt Badge, Pokémon up to Lv. 50, including traded Pokémon, will obey you. Also, here's the move I like. Feel free to use it, um, if you want to."
- "Volt Switch lets the Pokémon switch with a different Pokémon after attacking. Of course, if you don't have another Pokémon in your party, you can't switch. You're going to Driftveil City next? Of course. There is a Pokémon Gym there, after all. Oh... I bet you won't be able to get there. You know what? I'll fix it so you can cross. Wait for me on Route 5."
- "I think the real me is the one who battles with Pokémon as a Gym Leader. A model's job is to make someone else's vision look like a reality. It's interesting but it's not easy..."
Unova Route 5
- "Oh, you two are friends... That's nice, how you're helping each other get better by competing. OK, let's go."
- "This is Alder, the Unova region's Champion."
- "Let's roll. The Driftveil Drawbridge is just ahead."
- "Now to contact him... It's me, Elesa. Please lower the drawbridge. I have a couple of Trainers here who want to challenge you. OK... Thanks. Now, watch this! I have a TV gig, so I've got to go. The Gym Leader of the next town may take some getting used to... Do your best, both of you."
- "Ignoring Team Plasma... That would be a terrible thing for us Gym Leaders to do."
- "I do not appreciate stubborn people."
- "I must say it's difficult for people to draw out a Pokémon's charm if they don't have any themselves."
- "You know Nimbasa City? You know it runs on energy generated by Electric-type Pokémon? ...Just kidding!"
- "Getting wrapped up in worries is bad for your body and spirit. That's when you must short out your logic circuits and reboot your heart."
- "Without a word... Without even a whisper... My Pokémon connect me to other Trainers, transmitting the current of my feelings."
- "Put bluntly, swimsuits are nothing but cloth, right?"
- May you always continue to be a person who brightens your surroundings.
- Jingle: "Woo hoo! All right! It's 'The National Gymquirer'!"
- Page: "That's right! We collect the hottest gossip about Gym Leaders seen around town! Here is today's letter. From someone going by the name Shocking Supermodel... Hmmm, that sounds like a Gym Leader I know. Well, let's see... 'The Gym Leader Elesa said that Nimbasa's Pokémon can dance a nimble bossa! Nobody laughed, but I thought it was really funny! What do you think?' Hmmm... It really seems like Elesa needs to come up with a sneakier pen name. Well, whatever! 'The National Gymquirer'! We eagerly await your letters!"
In the anime
Elesa is set to appear in BW049 and BW050.
In the manga
She is briefly seen with other Nimbasa City officials when talking to White and negotiating with the BW Agency about the Pokémon Musical since Nimbasa City was starting to dwindle with its tourism, although Elesa didn't appear to be very interested. Later, when the Musical was being set up, Elesa was seen dressing up her Zebstrika in support of it. She informs Black that their Gym Battle will have to wait until the Musical ends. Later, Black and Elesa have their Gym battle despite the fact that Black becomes stuck in her Gym's coaster car. Eventually, Black manages to defeat her but before he can take the badge, he is sent to the outside of the Gym from a thunderstorm caused by the Pokémon Thundurus.
| Zebstrika is the first Pokémon that Elesa is known to own. Zebstrika was first seen as a drawing when Black was reading a book while deciding on strategies to defeat Elesa in their upcoming Gym Battle. Later, it was seen in person along with Elesa's other Pokémon while it was seen being dressed up in preparation of the Pokémon Musical. Zebstrika was used against Black in the Gym battle where it defeated his Tula after exploiting its Motor Drive ability to raise its speed. Eventually, Zebstrika was defeated by Black's Tep.
Zebstrika's known moves are Flame Charge and Volt Switch and has the ability Motor Drive.
|| Black & White chapter
|| Emolga (×2)
| Emolga are the second and third Pokémon that Elesa is known to own. One Emolga was first seen as a drawing when Black was reading a book while deciding on strategies to defeat Elesa in their upcoming Gym Battle. Later, they were both seen in person along with Elesa and her Zebstrika while she was dressing up her Zebstrika in preparation of the Pokémon Musical. One Emolga was used in the Gym battle against Black where it fought his Tep and was eventually defeated.
Emolga's known moves are Volt Switch and Aerial Ace.
|| Black & White chapter
- Elesa's Japanese Leader title is シャイニング ビューティ.
|| カミツレ Kamiture
|| 加密列 (カミツレ) Kamitsure, chamomile, which comes from a corruption of the Dutch term for the plant, kamille, when transcribed to Japanese as カミッレ kamirre. Also from 雷 kaminari, thunder.
|| From Electric. Possibly from Tesla.
|| From the flower genus Inezia.
|| From kamille, chamomile.
|| From Camelia.
|| From camomila, chamomile.
|| 카밀레 Camille
|| From her Japanese name.