From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Address Unown!
Unknown of the Country of Mystery
|| August 29, 2002
| United States
|| September 13, 2003
|| Team Ota
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 湯山邦彦 Kunihiko Yuyama
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation director
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Address Unown! (Japanese: ふしぎのくにのアンノーン！ Unknown of the Country of Mystery) is the 263rd episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on August 29, 2002 and in the United States on September 13, 2003.
Whilst Ash, Brock and Misty are continuing their journey towards the Johto League with their accompanied Larvitar, Misty is accidentally hit on the head by an Unown that fell out of a distorted object in the sky. She temporarily reads Unown's mind and finds out that it was separated from its friends. Unown then comes down with a high fever which Ash, Brock and Misty try to cure. However, when Team Rocket tries to intervene, its defensive instinct causes it to teleport them into another dimension.
Ash, Brock and Misty then find themselves surrounded by strange green egg-shells, and Pikachu and Togepi end up being ten times their usual size. After the surroundings constantly change from Slowking shells to Elekid heads, they eventually discover a black object stuck inside an egg which represents the bad memories inside Larvitar's mind, they all get sucked into it and everything blacks out.
Ash then finds Larvitar suspended in mid air when suddenly black vines come out of the ground and trap Larvitar. An image of the villains who once captured Larvitar's egg then appears and start attacking Larvitar's mother. This seemed to be reason was Larvitar was so afraid of humans. But after a lot of encouragement from Ash, Larvitar eventually breaks free and everything returns to normal.
Unown is now cured and Larvitar is no longer shy towards Brock and Misty, meaning that it had gained confidence to befriend more people.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
TV episode debuts
Who's That Pokémon?: Moltres (US and international), Unown (Japan)
- This is the first episode in broadcast order for the sixth dub season. However, the "Pokémon: Master Quest" title remains for this and the remaining eleven episodes of the Johto saga.
- The depiction of the Unown dimension is the same as in Spell of the Unown.
- The Latin American dub title is the same as the one given to the Twilight Zone series and movies.
- The Brazilian Portuguese dub title is a reference to the eyecatch Who's That Pokémon?.
- The Unown that the gang care for in this episode is the 'G' form.
- When Ash and his friends are seeing Larvitar's bad memories, its voice can be heard using human language.
- An instrumental version of the Bulbaby is used as background music.
- This episode is featured on the Volume 7: Psychic copy of Pokémon Elements.
- In many dubs, dubbers mistook Unown for a misspelling of Unknown.
- Ash claims they saw an Elekid, Electabuzz, Magby, and Slowking; however, this is wrong. They never saw an Electabuzz in the Unown dimension or the real world, but instead saw an Elekid and heard the Electabuzz song.
In other languages