From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid
Nanako and Elekid!
|| August 15, 2002
| United States
|| August 30, 2003
|| Team Ota
|| 大橋志吉 Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
|| 誌村宏明 Hiroaki Shimura
| Assistant director
|| 鈴木敏明 Toshiaki Suzuki
| Animation director
|| 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid (Japanese: ナナコとエレキッド！ Nanako and Elekid!) is the 261st episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on August 15, 2002 and in the United States on August 30, 2003.
While the gang looks for Larvitar’s mother, they run into Casey, to see that her Bayleef has evolved into Meganium. It seems that Casey is after a wild Elekid who is a very good trickster. Meanwhile, Team Rocket catch Larvitar and an Elekid that Casey is searching for. On top of this, they get a Weepinbell that knows Sweet Scent in a trade with the Magikarp salesman and it evolves...
TV episode debuts
Who's That Pokémon?: Hypno
- This is the first digitally colored episode, although the animation used in the opening was first used in OK! in Don't Touch That 'dile, 144 episodes before this one.
- Even though this episode was digitally colored, flashbacks of James's first Victreebel as a Weepinbell that were never shown in anime before, were colored the previous way. The same goes for the flashback of James receiving a Magikarp from the Magikarp salesman.
- The dub title is a play on Humphrey Bogart's line, "Here's looking at you, kid", from the movie Casablanca.
- Although Weepinbell evolves into Victreebel through the use of a Leaf Stone, James's new Weepinbell evolves without one.
- When Casey sings her song at the end it is the first version of the Electabuzz song instead of the second one she sang at the bug-catching contest.
- In the English dub the Pokédex says that Elekid is the evolved form of Electabuzz. Elekid actually evolves into Electabuzz.
In other languages
- French: Le doux parfum de l'amitié
- German. Elekid ist weg!
- Hebrew: הגנה חשמלית hagana khashmalit
- Italian: Un Pokémon da catturare
- Portuguese (Brazilian): A Amizade de Elekid
- Iberian Spanish: Mi objetivo es Elekid
- Latin American Spanish: ¡Te estoy viendo Elekid!