From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| A Crowning Achievement
Yadoking! King's Symbol!
|| August 8, 2002
| United States
|| August 23, 2003
|| Team Ota
|| 武上純希 Junki Takegami
|| 倉井さとし Satoshi Kurai
| Assistant director
|| 大町繁 Shigeru Ōmachi
| Animation director
|| たけだゆうさく Yūsaku Takeda
| No additional credits are available at this time.
A Crowning Achievement (Japanese: ヤドキング！おうじゃのしるし！ Yadoking! King's Symbol!) is the 260th episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on August 8, 2002 and in the United States on August 23, 2003.
Brock leads Ash and Misty toward a beautiful lake he has read about in his guidebook, but when they arrive at its supposed location, they find nothing but a dried-up stream, surrounded by a number of thirsty Slowpoke. Ash and friends spot a King's Rock, but are stopped from approaching it by a young girl whose name is Alice and her Slowpoke, Arthur. Alice explains that she and her dad are researching legends surrounding the Slowpoke and a supposed Slowking.
TV episode debuts
Who's That Pokémon?: Kadabra
- This is the last episode to use hand-colored cel animation outside of Japan.
- This episode is probably based on the legend of The Sword in the Stone, in which many knights tried to draw a magical sword from an anvil, but only one, Arthur, succeeded and became King. Additionally, the Slowpoke that becomes Slowking is named Arthur.
- Brock is shown with "open" eyes for the first time.
- The Rising Badge still fails to show up in the title sequence.
- When told that no one knew that the King's Rock existed, the group forgot that one was just used to evolve Misty's Poliwhirl twelve episodes before.
- Team Rocket blasts off twice, but at the second time, a strip-repeat was evident; in the first blast off Jessie's Arbok and James's Weezing were outside of their Poké Balls, while the second time, despite neither being out, both are there.
- When the group enters the Slowpoke's Paradise, the marks under Larvitar's eyes are gone.
In other languages
- French: Le couronnement d'un roi
- German. Auf der Suche nach dem Paradies
- Hebrew: סלע המלך sela hamelekh
- Italian: La leggenda
- Portuguese (Brazilian): A Coroação
- Iberian Spanish: Una hazaña digna de un rey
- Latin American Spanish: ¡Se busca un rey!