From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Fossil Fools
Ancient Pokémon Park! Ruins of Alph!!
|| September 7, 2000
| United States
|| September 15, 2001
|| Team Ota
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 藤本義孝 Yoshitaka Fujimoto
| Assistant director
|| 鈴木敏明 Toshiaki Suzuki
| Animation director
|| 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Fossil Fools (Japanese: こだいポケモンパーク！アルフのいせき！！ Ancient Pokémon Park! Ruins of Alph!!) is the 163rd episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on September 7, 2000 and in the United States on September 15, 2001.
The group visits the Ruins of Alph where living Omanyte and Omastar have been discovered. Unfortunately, Team Rocket has also discovered them.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Pichu (US and international), Omnite (Japan)
- Exciting Pokémon Relay replaces Takeshi's Paradise as the ending.
- The Ruins of Alph in the games is entirely different and focuses on the Unown.
- Archaeology currently dates the first Pokémon at 2 million years ago, though a Kabutops fossil had been discovered that is 20 to 30 thousand years older than that.
- Like life on Earth, the prevailing theory is that Pokémon life began in the sea.
- The English title is a pun of fossil fuels.
- This is the first time Misty takes Brock by the ear.
In other languages
- Finnish: Fossiili herää eloon
- Dutch: Fossielenjagers
- French: Retour vers la préhistoire
- German: Aufregende Entdeckungen
- Hebrew: פוקימונים פרה-היסטורים Pokémonim pre-historim
- Italian: Jurassic Pokémon
- Mandarin: 古代神奇寶貝公園，阿露福遺跡
- Portuguese (Brazilian): O Parque dos Pokéssauros
- Iberian Spanish: Locos por los fósiles
- Latin American Spanish: ¡Pokémon prehistóricos!