From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| It's Mr. Mime Time
Barrierd of the Pokémon Circus
|| September 24, 1998
| United States
|| September 27, 1999
|| Team Ota
|| 園田英樹 Hideki Sonoda
|| 井上修 Osamu Inoue
| Assistant director
|| 井上修 Osamu Inoue
| Animation director
|| 梶浦紳一郎 Shin'ichirō Kajiura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
It's Mr. Mime Time (Japanese: ポケモンサーカスのバリヤード Barrierd of the Pokémon Circus) is the 64th episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on September 24, 1998 and in the United States on September 27, 1999.
The group is getting closer and closer to Pallet. Just as Ash is running towards home, he crashes into a wall. The wall is totally invisible, created by a Mr. Mime. Just then, a girl from the circus shows up to try to catch Mr. Mime. Ash protests that he was going to catch it, but Brock holds him back. The Mr. Mime gets away. They arrive back at the circus, where their Mr. Mime is incredibly lazy sitting around and eating snacks. They dress Ash up as a Mr. Mime to be in the show, hoping to make Mr. Mime jealous of Ash and try to do better. Team Rocket swoop in, and steal Ash, thinking it’s Mr. Mime. Meanwhile, Ash’s mom, Delia, brings Brock and Misty to her house. Just as they are leaving, Mr. Mime comes knocking on the window. Ash’s mom thinks it’s Ash, and brings him in for a snack. Ash then arrives in the Meowth balloon he stole from Team Rocket, and comes home. His mom then realizes that it was a real Mr. Mime, and then Ash asks Mr. Mime to help him. Ash’s mom asks Mr. Mime to help Ash and it agrees. Later, Team Rocket burst out with a tank trying to steal the Pokémon from the circus. Mr. Mime builds a wall to stop them. They turn around, and the circus’ Mr. Mime builds a wall to stop them. Eventually surrounding them, they try to escape but end up blasting themselves off again...
Who’s That Pokémon?: Jynx (US and international), Barrierd (Japan)
Pokémon seen at Stella's circus:
- This episode is followed by Holiday Hi-Jynx and Snow Way Out! in the dub.
- Mewtwo makes its second cameo appearance before the debut of the first movie.
- Charizard disobeys Ash in this episode despite Ash winning the Earth Badge.
- The English title card spells the name as It's Mr. Mimie Time. However, this could have been on purpose as Ash's mother, Delia, nicknames her Mr. Mime "Mimie".
- The Jynx shown in Who's that pokemon still has it's it original face colours
In other languages
- Finnish: Mr. Mime tulee
- French: Quel cirque!
- German: Vertauschte Rollen
- Hebrew: זמן למיסטר מיים zman leMr. Mime
- Italian: Casa dolce casa
- Portuguese (Brazilian): A Hora do Mr. Mime
- Iberian Spanish: Es la hora de Mr. Mime
- Latin American Spanish: ¡La hora de Mr. Mime!