| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: pics of traps and other tiles.
| It has been suggested that this article be moved to .|
Please discuss whether or not to move it on its .
Dungeon tiles are game elements exclusive to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team and its sequel. In each dungeon, the floor is made up of square sections called "dungeon tiles." The square shape is typically not evident if a player is simply looking at the floor, but the tiles can be seen by performing certain actions.
- Stairs - To further advance in a dungeon, a player must find the stairs. On the last floor of most dungeons, it will take the team out of the dungeon. The stairs can go up or down, depending on if the player is to descend to the dungeon's basement floor or to the top of it.
- Warp Points - Warp Points are found at the last floor of some optional dungeons. It instantly warps the team out of the dungeon.
- Wonder Tile - Varying numbers of these can be found on a floor, if the dungeon contains them at all. If there is a yellow arrow above the player's or partner's head (indicating a status problem such as lowered defense, accuracy, etc.), stepping on one of these will restore the normal state. However, it also cancels stat increments of the Pokémon.
- Carpet - If the player finds a Kecleon shop, items are placed on these. The player may either buy or steal the items; however, thieves are confronted by many high-level Kecleon.
Traps are special dungeon tiles that makes the game harder to play. These tiles can make the team's Pokémon lose HP, PP, inflict status ailments, etc. These tiles will not affect enemy Pokémon unless spawned by a player's Trapper Orb. Issue #47 of Pokémon News claims that at least Pitfall Traps are appearing because of recent natural disasters.
|Chestnut Trap||When stepped on, it will drop chestnuts onto the Pokémon who stepped on it, taking away 10 HP.|
|Pitfall Trap||If the player steps on it, it will inflict 5 HP damage and drop the team one floor below. (This can be helpful if the dungeon moves downwards) When an ally steps on it, the team member will be instantly removed from the dungeon. If a client as part of a mission steps on it, the mission fails and the team will return to base.|
|Sticky Trap||If the player steps on this tile, it will make the player's hold item sticky. A sticky item cannot be removed if it is a held item, and it will be rendered useless until the dungeon is completed. If an ally steps on it, it will make their hold item sticky. If the player steps on the tile and is not holding an item, a random item in the inventory will become sticky. If an ally is not holding an item and steps on it, nothing will happen. Stickiness can be removed with a Cleanse Orb. In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky the player can also have them cleaned by Lickilicky in the Secret Bazaar for the price of 100.|
|Selfdestruct Trap||This tile explodes when stepped on, and does damage to Pokémon within a 1-tile radius. It will take away half of the player's and allies current HP, and does 40 damage to wild Pokémon. It also destroys items and walls within the radius. If a Pokémon with the Ability Drizzle or Damp is present on the floor, or if the current weather is Rain, the tile will have no effect. Fire-type Pokémon will only take half damage.|
|Explosion Trap||Similar to the Selfdestruct Trap, this tile explodes when stepped on and does damage to Pokémon within a 2-tile radius. It will take away half of the player's and allies current HP, and does 80 damage to wild Pokémon. It also destroys items and walls within the radius. If a Pokémon with the Ability Drizzle or Damp is present on the floor, or if the current weather is Rain, the tile will have no effect. Fire-type Pokémon will only take half damage.|
|Warp Trap||This tile warps any Pokémon who steps on it to a random floor tile on the same floor.|
|Spiked Tile||Any Pokémon that steps on a Spiked Tile will lose 20 HP. This tile can only be planted in rooms with the move Spikes.|
|Grimy Trap||A random few Apples, Big Apples, Huge Apples, Golden Apples, Chestnuts, Bananas, Gummis, or other edible food sources in the player's bag will be turned into Grimy Food. Grimy Food restores the player's Belly by 30, but gives a status condition. Pokémon with a Survivalist IQ can sometimes bypass this side effect. This trap has no effect on items in the bag when activated by allies.|
|Slow Trap||Temporarily lowers the Pokémon's Speed by one.|
|Spin Trap||Inflicts the Confuse condition on the Pokémon who stepped on it.|
All unclaimed items in the same room turn into enemy Pokémon of the species that naturally occur on that floor. Items found in Kecleon Shops are not affected.
|PP-Zero Trap||The Pokémon who triggered the Trap will have one of its moves' PP reduced to 0.|
|Seal Trap||One move belonging to the Pokémon who stepped on this tile can no longer be used. This wears off upon reaching the next floor; a Heal Seed, Rest, Healing Wish, or Lunar Dance can also remove the seal. The Ability Guts activates if the Pokémon has a sealed move.|
|Mud Trap||Mud splashes up from this Trap, lowering any of the Pokémon's Stats including accuracy.|
|Slumber Trap||This Trap puts the Pokémon who stepped on it to sleep.|
|Summon Trap||Up to 4 Pokémon that are naturally found on that floor will appear on the squares adjacent to this Trap.|
|Gust Trap||Sends the Pokémon that triggered the trap flying 10 squares in a random direction. If the Pokémon hits another Pokémon or a wall it will lose 5 HP (as will the other Pokémon in the former case), and if it lands on a tile that it cannot walk on, it will warp.|
|Poison Trap||Inflicts the Poison condition on any Pokémon who steps on it. Won't work on Poison-type or Steel-type Pokémon, or those with the Ability Immunity.|
|Trip Trap||Makes the Pokémon who stepped on it trip and drop its held item.|
|Grudge Trap||Warps all wild Pokémon around the Pokémon that triggered the trap and gives all wild Pokémon on the floor "grudge" status. This usually results in all power points being drained away. This trap is exclusive to certain dungeons in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, such as Destiny Tower and Inferno Cave.|
|Random Trap||Can become any type of trap in the game. The Random Trap will not work if it is drizzling or is there is a Pokémon with Damp on the floor. This trap affects all team members in the room. As with the Grudge Trap, this one is also an Explorers of Sky exclusive.|
There are many other tiles present, which limits the access to only specific Pokémon.
- Water tiles - Special areas of water, which only Water-type Pokémon, Pokémon who fly or levitate, and Pokémon with the IQ skill All-Terrain Hiker can walk through. Dive can only be used on these tiles and Dig cannot be used on these tiles.
- Lava - Special areas of lava, which only Fire-type Pokémon, Pokémon who fly or levitate, and Pokémon with the IQ skill All-Terrain Hiker can walk through. However, a Pokémon that is not a Fire-type or that does not have the Lava Walker IQ Skill will be burned when walking through lava. Dig cannot be used on these tiles.
- Walls - Walls surround dungeons; however, some Pokémon which seem to fly or levitate, such as Ghost-type Pokémon, can pass through on top of them. However, passing through walls makes the belly drop five times faster than the average speed (strangely, this only applies to the player and not to partners or enemies). Walls can also be passed through if the player uses a Mobile Orb, holds a Mobile Scarf, or has the IQ skill Super Mobile or Absolute Mover.
- Air - Holes in the dungeon's floor that can only be crossed by Flying/Levitating Pokémon or those with the IQ skill All-Terrain Hiker. Dig cannot be used on these tiles.
|Special tiles in the Pokémon games|
| Cave tile • Hole • Ice tile • Ledge • Marsh tile • Puddle • Sand tile • Snow tile|
Spin tile • Soft soil • Tall grass • Trap • Warp tile • Water tile
|This article is part of Project Sidegames, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Sidegames.|