From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Dragon Pulse redirects here. For the energy from White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram known as "Dragon Pulse" in Japan, see Dragon Force.
Dragon Pulse (Japanese: りゅうのはどう Dragon Pulse) is a damage-dealing Dragon-type move introduced in Generation IV. It was TM59 in Generation IV.
Dragon Pulse inflicts damage and has no secondary effect.
Dragon Pulse can hit non-adjacent opponents in Triple Battles.
|| The foe is attacked with a shock wave generated by the user’s gaping mouth.
|| The target is attacked with a shock wave generated by the user's gaping mouth.
In other games
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Dragon Pulse is one of the attacks Rayquaza can use when it is fought.
In the anime
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In other generations
- Lucario is the only Pokémon who can learn this by leveling up that is not part of a Dragon evolutionary line.
- Dragon Pulse, along with other moves with "Pulse" in their name (Dark Pulse, Heal Pulse, Water Pulse) and Aura Sphere are the only non-Flying-type moves that can hit a non-adjacent Pokémon. Also, their Japanese names (including Aura Sphere) contain はどう wave/pulse.
- Although in the games the move is described as being "generated by the user's gaping mouth", this is not always true in the anime.
- In the anime, Dragon Pulse bares a strong resemblence to Aura Sphere, except fo in the fifteenth movie.
In other languages