From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama!
Metamon - Transformation Battle! Which One is the Real One!?
|| April 22, 2010
| United States
|| September 11, 2010
|| Team Kato
|| 米村正二 Shōji Yonemura
|| 大庭秀昭 Hideaki Ōba
| Assistant director
|| 近橋伸隆 Nobutaka Chikahashi
| Animation director
|| 木下和栄 Kazue Kinoshita
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama! (Japanese: メタモン・へんしんバトル！本物はドッチ～ニョ！？ Metamon - Transformation Battle! Which One is the Real One!?) is the 173rd episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and the 639th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on April 22, 2010 and in the United States on September 11, 2010.
Ash and his friends are taking a break from traveling for training: Ash for his match against Volkner and Dawn for the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Dawn has Piplup use Whirlpool, but his move is interrupted when Ash tells Gible to use Draco Meteor and it hits Piplup. Meanwhile, Brock starts to work on their lunch. After training, Dawn tells Piplup to take a rest while she works with Togekiss. Piplup goes over to rest under a nearby tree, not noticing the glowing eyes watching it from a nearby bush.
When lunch is ready, Piplup comes over and starts to eat all of the Pokémon food; alarmed, Dawn starts to yell at Piplup, only to awaken the real Piplup from his nap under the tree. Everyone is surprised to see the two Piplup, and they start to fight over which one is the real one. Before they can figure it out, Gible uses Draco Meteor again, which hits the real Piplup. Suddenly, there are two Togekiss as well. Brock comes up with the idea for Dawn to recall Togekiss into its Poké Ball to be able to tell them apart. After recalling the real Togekiss, it is revealed that there are two Pikachu; they both imitate a series of different Pokémon to try to tell themselves apart, but both Pikachu do perfect imitations. Ash can't tell them apart, and ends up getting shocked by both. Finally, they all look over at Gible, discovering that there are two of them as well. Before they can attempt to tell the two apart, a girl walks over to them, calling for her friends to come back. The imitation Pokémon return to their normal forms, a pink and blue Ditto.
- Professor Oak's Pokémon lecture: Wobbuffet
- The lecture marks the first animated appearance of a female Wobbuffet, which displays the lipstick that is present on female Wobbuffet in the games.
- This episode explains that Ditto in the anime are able to transform into any Pokémon that is in the immediate area. This differs from the games, where Ditto can only transform into any Pokémon that is currently in battle.
- Brock mentions Levels and Experience in this episode.
- During the battle between Ash and Narissa, Ditto would revert to its natural form before transforming into another Pokémon; later in the episode, however, (when changing from Staraptor and Gible to Pikachu) both Ditto made a direct transformation instead.
- When Ditto and Pikachu are imitating other Pokémon, in its Budew imitation, Pikachu at the left has its left ear all black.
- In the same scene, in the 3rd and Loudred imitation, Pikachu at the left has its right cheek disappeared.
- Narissa refers to both Ditto as Ditto One during her battle with Ash, however, during the battle with Team Rocket, she refers to her shiny Ditto as Ditto Two.