From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Tobari Gym! Lucario VS Buoysel!!
|| February 28, 2008
| United States
|| Team Iguchi
|| 米村正二 Shōji Yonemura
|| 日高政光 Masamitsu Hidaka
| Assistant director
|| 小山賢 Masaru Koyama
| Animation director
|| 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
(Japanese: トバリジム！ルカリオVSブイゼル！！ Tobari Gym! Lucario VS Buoysel!!) is the 68th episode of Diamond & Pearl. It aired in Japan on February 28, 2008.
- Ash challenges Maylene.
- Ash's Staravia defeats Maylene's Machoke.
- Ash's Chimchar fights against Maylene's Meditite, before being recalled by Ash.
- Ash's Staravia defeats Maylene's Meditite.
- Ash's Staravia is defeated by Maylene's Lucario.
- Ash's Chimchar is defeated by Maylene's Lucario.
- Ash's Buizel ties with Maylene's Lucario, resulting in a draw. However, despite this, Ash receives the Cobble Badge anyway.
- Ash's Staravia perfects the move Brave Bird.
- Ash's Buizel learns Water Pulse.
- This is the 50th episode since Ash earned his first badge in the region. In Kanto, Ash already had six badges by this point, in Johto, he was going for his fourth badge, and in Hoenn he already had four badges.
- This was Buizel's first major battle, as well as its first Gym Battle with Ash. It was also Chimchar's first gym battle while under the ownership of Ash.
- Type Wild was used as background music.
- This is the first time Ash earned a badge without technically winning since his Gym battle with Misty way back in The Water Flowers of Cerulean City.