Difference between revisions of "DP034"
|Line 101:||Line 101:|
=== Dub edits ===
=== Dub edits ===
* In the English dub Glameow is dubbed over with [[Ikue Ohtani]].
== In other languages ==
== In other languages ==
Revision as of 22:29, 11 July 2009
| Buizel Your Way Out of This!
Buizel Your Way Out Of This! (Japanese: ブイゼル！最強への道!! Buoysel! Road to Being the Strongest!!) is the 34th episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and the 500th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on May 17, 2007 and in the United States on October 27, 2007.
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
Ash and friends run into a man carrying a fainted Zigzagoon. He tells them he battled an extremely strong Buizel. Hearing this the gang decide to try and capture it. They find a river where the Buizel is said to live and start to fish with Ash using Misty's special lure. While fishing they are reunited with Zoey. As they talk about each other's accomplishments, something tugs on Dawns rod. She manages to haul it above the water and it is indeed a Buizel.
Dawn proceeds to uses her Piplup but is easily defeated by its Aqua Jet. Ash then tries to battle it with Pikachu but it is dragged underwater and seemed unable to battle. However it manages to get back on land and defeats Buizel with an Iron Tail. Ash then tries to capture it using a Poké Ball but it escapes. Zoey then battles it with her Glameow using Shadow Claw but the Buizel easily defeats it.
The Buizel then steals their rods and makes off down the river. The group, along with Zoey, follow the flow of the river to a cave underneath a waterfall. The Buizel is then seen leaving the cave and gets an Oran to recover its strength.
Buizel then climbs the rock face, Pikachu and Piplup attempt to follow. They then dive off the top. After a second attempt, Piplup succeeds and impresses Buizel, making Buizel want to battle Piplup. The pair battle and Dawn doesn't do too well until Zoey advises Dawn to battle like it was a contest. She then does a lot better and manages to beat Buizel, she throws a Poké Ball but again it fails.
The battle then continues and after a combination of jumping, diving and Whirlpool, the Buizel is again defeated, Dawn throws another Poké Ball and this time the the Buizel is well and truly captured.
- Giovanni (fantasy)
- Fisherman (Seiyū: 石塚運昇 Unshō Ishizuka*)
- Young man (Seiyū: 阪口大助 Daisuke Sakaguchi*)
- Reporters (fantasy)
* No official credit was given for this character.
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
- Mime Jr. (James's)
- Turtwig (Ash's)
- Piplup (Dawn's)
- Buizel (Dawn's, newly captured)
- Seviper (Jessie's)
- Carnivine (James's)
- Glameow (Zoey's) (Seiyū: 西村ちなみ Chinami Nishimura**)
- Prinplup (Kenny's, flashback)
- Bellsprout (young man's)
- Zigzagoon (Fisherman's)
**: Chinami Nishimura was previously listed as voicing Johanna's Glameow.
- This is the 500th episode of the entire Pokémon anime, if Holiday Hi-Jynx and Snow Way Out! are not counted as episodes.
- The dub title of this episode is a pun on the phrase "Weasel your way out of this".
- Brock's egg is added to the opening and ending animation.
- Misty's special lure makes an appearance. Misty gave it to Ash in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing.
- Music from Destiny Deoxys and the instrumental of Advance Adventure from Jirachi: Wish Maker and Pokémon Symphonic Medley are used as background music.
- Professor Oak's Pokémon lecture: Shinx
- Pokémon senryū: コリンクの おめめくりんと かわいいな Korinku no, ome mekurin to, kawaii na "Kolink, it turns phosphorus, it is lovely."
- The next episode preview is narrated by Ash.
- Just like in Cooking Up A Sweet Story and Oh Do You Know The Poffin Plan, a cold open intro is aired first, then the opening theme, and the real intro of the episode in both the English dub and the Japanese version.
- Though it is not noticeable unless the episode is viewed in slow motion or frame by frame, one can see that for a split second there is an animation error in Zoey's left arm.
- In the English dub Glameow is dubbed over with Ikue Ohtani.
In other languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: Todos Contra o Buizel!
- Finnish: Varsinainen turbo-Buizel!
- German: Spezialtraining für Plinfa
- Italian: Il ladro di canne da pesca & Mostro, ti catturerò!
- Iberian Spanish: ¡Ese Buizel tiene que ser mío!
- Latin American Spanish: ¡Buizel, cuidado con tu camino!
- Dutch: Buizel je hier maar eens uit!
- Czech: Nezahrávejte si s Buizelem!
- Polish: Polowanie na Buizela!
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|