From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go!
I Like It! Pokémon Cosplay Convention!!
|| May 10, 2007
| United States
|| October 20, 2007
|| Team Iguchi
|| 松井亜弥 Aya Matsui
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation director
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| Additional credits
All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go! (Japanese: スキです！ポケモンなりきり大会！！ I Like It! Pokémon Cosplay Convention!!) is the 33rd episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and the 499th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on May 10, 2007 and in the United States on October 20, 2007.
The episode opens with highlights from the previous year’s Pokémon Cosplay contest. Rhonda, the anchor of Sinnoh Now points out the upcoming dress up contest with the prize of a mystery Pokémon Egg. The camera crew gets closer and the microphone guy hits her in the face. She gets mad at first, but still being on the air, she changes her tone.
The dress up contest opens with Rhonda, wearing a Cherrim mask, giving the opening remarks and introducing the judges: Mr. Sukizo, Officer Jenny wearing a Growlithe hat and Nurse Joy wearing a Chansey hat. Ash and his friends watch from the stands as Dawn tells Ash about its popularity and that the goal is for a Pokémon to imitate another as closely as possible. The screen above the stage flickers on, showing a camera set up backstage with a disguised Team Rocket in the room. Jessie, dressed as a cowgirl, steps forward and proclaims her will to win with her acting abilities, but the contest is only for Pokémon. The anchor almost reveals Jessie's identity, but it shifts aside when James announces his entry with Mime Jr., which prompts Jessie to enter with Meowth.
While a commercial runs, Ash runs backstage to enter, his friends following. They all want to win the Egg, Brock wanting it more because he knows women will take a liking to that. Dawn stops the group and reminds them that they need to choose one Pokémon to enter. They release their Pokémon as Ash looks at his, envisioning Turtwig and Aipom as Bonsly. He discards it and looks at Staravia, seeing a Torchic. He is unable to decide, but Pikachu steps up to volunteer. Pikachu copies facial expressions of several Pokémon, impressing the remaining Pokémon, Buneary watching more intently. While Ash decides to go with Pikachu, Dawn goes with Piplup. Brock decides to go with Croagunk, which upsets Sudowoodo at first, but it supports Brock.
The contest starts with an Mightyena imitating a Suicune, which gets a decent grade. A Swalot tries to mimic a Grimer, but it only gets one judge. Koffing tries to look like a Togepi, but it also scores one. Weepinbell acts like a Sunkern, which gets a perfect score. A Gyarados tries to mimic a Caterpie but it only gets one. Kakuna appears as a Crawdaunt, getting a two. Doduo tries to imitate a Dodrio, but fails miserably. Brock shows Croagunk as a Politoed, Croagunk continually clapping, getting a three. Jessie shows up with Meowth as a Weavile and imitating Pokémon speech, getting a three. James and Mime Jr. shows up and demonstrate multiple personalities and imitation, getting a perfect three. The defending champion shows up with a singing Chatot, singing like a Jigglypuff and scoring perfect. Dawn shows up with Piplup as a Weedle. It goes well at first, but Piplup gets excited and uses BubbleBeam, which causes it to fail. Ash steps up with Pikachu and demonstrates the facial shape shifting, easily getting the crowd's attention and a perfect score.
Backstage, James celebrates with Mime Jr. as Jessie dresses Meowth up as a Sunflora. Meowth has a boss fantasy about Giovanni with the Egg, but Jessie wants to find out what the Egg is first. The final rounds start with Jessie, James, Brock, Ash, and the defending champion. Piplup is upset at losing but Dawn cheers it up. Brock is amazed he got into the finals with Croagunk, still clapping continually. The defending champion goes first by changing Chatot’s singing to match a Lapras (but it instead la-la-la's Jigglypuff's song). Meowth points out that the Egg is unguarded and that they can steal the Egg. Jessie gets the crowd’s attention and gets them to look away, but Croagunk notices Meowth taking it. James notices what they’re doing and Jessie pulls him away, upsetting James at that he could not perform. The anchor notices as Croagunk brings Brock over to the stand, pointing out that the Egg is missing and Brock points to Team Rocket trying to escape. Team Rocket tries to run, but Officer Jenny sends Growlithe to block them. Team Rocket removes their disguises and they recite the motto, but James and Mime Jr. are clearly displeased. Jessie uses Seviper's Haze to cover the area, but Ash's Staravia uses Gust to clear it. They get away, but the group follows.
Team Rocket gets away in their balloon and the camera crew follows in a helicopter. Ash and his friends follow on the ground and Ash tries to have Pikachu use Thunderbolt, but Brock points out that it could destroy the Egg. Staravia rushes forward with Wing Attack, but Jessie's Dustox uses Poison Sting to suppress Staravia. Jessie orders James to do something, which James counters angrily, starting an argument. Piplup uses BubbleBeam, but Mime Jr. uses Mimic to block. Brock asks Croagunk for help, but it continues clapping. James overhears the anchor praising Mime Jr.’s power, but when Jessie snubs him, James orders Mime Jr. to use Teeter Dance, confusing Meowth and Dustox. Meowth stops flying the balloon and causes it to fly erratically and lose altitude.
Still confused, Meowth knocks the Egg out of the basket. Dawn sends Buneary to use Bounce to recover the Egg. With the path clear, Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on the balloon, sending Team Rocket flying. The scene returns to the contest with Chatot, Croagunk and Pikachu left. The judges deliberate on who should win as Croagunk continues to clap, Brock not optimistic that he will win. The spotlight converges on the trio and finally focuses on Brock, announcing him the winner, shocking everyone. Croagunk did not stray from character even during all the commotion that Team Rocket had caused, allowing him to win as he gets the Egg. Even after winning, Croagunk continues to clap as everyone applauds. The anchor concludes and the mike hits her again.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
- The English dub title comes from the saying "All dressed up with nowhere to go".
- During the first half time eyecatch sequence, instead of the normal music, it's a continuation of the dialog by Rhonda who complains about being knocked down by the microphone. The microphone holder apologizes.
- Music from Camp Pikachu and Gotta Dance! are used as background music.
- Gotta Dance! was played when James' Mime Jr. used Teeter Dance on Meowth and Dustox.
- Professor Oak's Pokémon lecture: Budew
- Pokémon senryū: ゆきどけの みずにめざめる スボミーよ Yukidoke no, mizu ni mezameru, Subomī yo
- Many of Pikachu's impressions (see below) also appeared in the ending of Gotta Dance!.
- Pokémon Cosplay/impressions:
- Rhonda: Cherrim
- Nurse Joy: Chansey
- Officer Jenny: Growlithe
- Ash's Pikachu: Wobbuffet, Loudred, Cacnea, Seviper, Mudkip, Lotad, Buneary, Budew
- Ash's Turtwig and Ash's Aipom both: Bonsly (fantasy)
- Ash's Staravia: Torchic (fantasy)
- Meowth: Weavile, Sunflora
- James's Mime Jr.: Claydol, Chikorita
- Brock's Croagunk: Politoed
- Dawn's Piplup: Weedle
- Chatot: Jigglypuff, Lapras (previous champion)
- Mightyena: Suicune
- Swalot: Grimer
- Koffing: Togepi
- Weepinbell: Sunkern
- Gyarados: Caterpie
- Kakuna: Crawdaunt
- Doduo: Dodrio
- Electrode: Gastly (past year's competition)
- Geodude: Steelix (past year's competition)
- Trapinch: Turtwig (past year's competition)
- The television showing says "Sinnoh Now!"; however, this is left Japanese on the DVD.
- Cherrim is the only Pokémon imitated during this episode that had yet to make its debut in the anime.
- Mr. Sukizo is the only judge who didn't cosplay a Pokémon.
- When Team Rocket tries to run away with the stolen Egg, they can be seen very near to the tunnel. However, in the scene where they were stopped by Officer Jenny's Growlithe, they still have a few steps to reach the tunnel.
- They run for a while too before Growlithe is released.
- When Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to send Team Rocket blasting off, Ash says a random and out-of-place word before the attack is launched.
- The dub replaces a scene with made-up symbols in the beginning of the episode with English text that says "Sinnoh Now!". However this only happens in this episode. The symbols are kept intact in Our Cup Runneth Over!, where the same scene appears.
In other languages
| Mandarin Chinese
|| Jenom se převléknu a už jdu
|| Gekleed voor de gelegenheid!
|| Juhlapukeissa ja meno päällä!
| European French
|| Imitations, déguisements et surprises !
|| Nachahmen streng erlaubt!
|| La grande gara di travestimento & Una vittoria inaspettata
|| Konkurs naśladowania Pokémonów
|| Vestido para a Vitória!
|| Vestidos para Brilhar!
|| Îmbrăcați de Gală
|| Latin America
|| ¡Todos listos y disfrazados!
|| ¡Disfrazados para el Concurso Pokémon!