Xtransceiver sprite from
Black 2 and White 2
|Games||Black 2 and White 2|
Curtis (Japanese: テツ Tetsu), otherwise known under the screen name Christoph (Japanese: テンマ Tenma), is a character that appears in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 if the player's gender is female. He is the male counterpart to Yancy.
In the games
Curtis is first encountered after Rosa picks up the Dropped Item (Xtransceiver) in Nimbasa City. Upon obtaining the item, Curtis calls it and identifies himself as the owner of the lost Xtransceiver. However he is busy at work and is unable to retrieve it at the time, so he asks Rosa to hold onto it until he is free from work.
He will call his Xtransceiver when Rosa is in specific locations around Unova. After exchanging several phone calls, Curtis would note that his work involves traveling to Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh from time to time. The player's relation with Curtis increases as calls are made or received.
At the tenth call, Curtis would inform the player that he is finally free from work and would like to retrieve his Xtransceiver back in Nimbasa City. After the thirtieth call, the player may join Curtis in a ride at the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel. After the fiftieth call, the player can review Curtis's occupation and trade Pokémon with him. Pokémon traded from him have Hidden Abilities, are at level 50, and have no predetermined nature. It is possible to receive multiples of the same species.
Curtis, as Christoph, appears in various television shows as a celebrity idol.
| Curtis's overworld sprite from
Black 2 and White 2
| Xtransceiver sprite from|
Black 2 and White 2
Curtis will automatically call the player on any one of fifteen specific spots. They can only be triggered once.
- Nimbasa City (behind the Battle Institute)
- Driftveil City (on top of the northern hill, below the Worker guarding the Clay Tunnel entrance)
- Lentimas Town (on the path behind the northern house towards the hill with the Fire Stone)
- Mistralton City (on the southern half of the runway, in the center of the lane)
- Undella Town (southwest corner, up the stairs and between the two boulders)
- Lacunosa Town (under the bridge in the center of town)
- Route 5 (on the other side of the southern fence, towards the Hyper Potion)
- Route 6 (just above the two shortcut ledges on the south end of the route, east side of the stream)
- Route 7 (on the path between the Pokémon Breeder and the southern house)
- Route 9 (at the left of the Commercial Center, near the L-shaped bush)
- Route 11 (in front of the truck, between it and the stream)
- Route 12 (on the highest hill, down-left most square)
- Route 13 (on the south beach, between the running Ace Trainer and the Fisherman on a sandy corner by the water's edge)
- Route 14 (towards the Abundant Shrine, on top of the waterfall with a small square of land on the right, west of the Backpacker)
- Route 16 (west side of the route, south of the Depot Agent and north of the male Cyclist, middle of the road)
Traded to the player
Curtis will trade Rosa a different Pokémon each day following by these order.
|Black 2 and White 2|
- As revealed through several Xtransceiver calls, Curtis's favorite hobby is fishing.
- Even though Curtis claims he found a nice fishing spot and invites Rosa on a fishing trip, he never follows through with that invitation.
- Curtis is said to have visited the Viridian Forest in Kanto, Lake of Rage in Johto, Meteor Falls in Hoenn, and Eterna Forest in Sinnoh.
|Japanese|| テツ Tetsu
| Possibly 鉄 tetsu (iron).|
From 天馬 tenma (pegasus).
| A name derived from the old French word curteis, meaning polite, courteous, or well-bred.|
Similar to Curtis.
|Korean||철권 Cheolgwon||From 철권 (鐵拳) cheolgwon, iron fist.|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|