From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The creation trio, sometimes called the deity trio, is a term used to refer to three powerful legendary Pokémon of the Sinnoh region: Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. According to Sinnoh myths, they were created by Arceus simultaneously when the universe began.
Much like members of other legendary trios, the three Pokémon have similar appearances. Each has Dragon as their secondary type, as well as a base stat total of 680, divided among the stats as 150-120-120-100-100-90, in different orders.
Each of the members of this trio, including its trio master Arceus, have control over their own dimensions. Dialga controls time and Palkia controls space, two aspects of the four-dimensional universe that the Pokémon world, like our own, is a part of. The final member, Giratina, has control over antimatter and the Distortion World, where time does not flow and space is unstable.
The three members of this trio share the ability Pressure; however, Giratina's Origin Forme has Levitate. Likewise, the three are the version mascots of the three Generation IV Sinnoh-based games, and have similar level-up learnsets.
The creation trio makes another appearance in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. An event involving Cynthia and Arceus at the Sinjoh Ruins will allow a single one of the three to be obtained at level 1.
Base stat comparison
In the games
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
In Diamond and Pearl, both Dialga and Palkia appear atop the Spear Pillar, and after the defeat of the Elite Four, the player can find Giratina hidden at the end of a puzzle in Turnback Cave.
In the third version of Diamond and Pearl, both Dialga and Palkia appear in dimensional rifts atop the Spear Pillar after beating the Elite Four. Giratina appears in its Origin Forme in the Distortion World when first encountered, but if it is defeated or fled from, it will appear in Turnback Cave in its Altered Forme, after the Elite Four.
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
One of the three Pokémon can be obtained in HeartGold and SoulSilver if the player has a level 100, fateful encounter event Arceus by itself in his/her party. The player must go to the Sinjoh Ruins and speak with Cynthia, and, after some time, Arceus will create a member of the creation trio which will be at level 1 and have a basic moveset.
- Of the three, Palkia is the only member of its trio to share its type with another Pokémon.
- Giratina (in Platinum), has its own unique battle music, is able to change forms (between Altered Forme and Origin Forme), and has two different menu sprites. Also, Giratina is the only member whose box art differs from its Sugimori art released with Diamond and Pearl.
- No two members of the trio have the same number of legs. Even when one considers Giratina Origin Forme this remains true, as Origin Forme Giratina has no legs, Palkia has two, Dialga has four, and Altered Forme Giratina has six.
- Also, no two members have the same number of immunities. Palkia has none, Dialga has one, Giratina Alternate Forme has two and Origin Forme Giratina has three due to Levitate.
- The primary types of each of the trio are the specialty types of three different Gyms of Sinnoh, the only region that has Gyms of those types all together.
- All members of the creation trio lose the ability to learn Heal Block by level up in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- As of HeartGold and SoulSilver, the creation trio are the only legendary Pokémon who do not learn any moves past level 50.
- On that note, they are the only trio of legendaries with this unusual characteristic.
- The creation trio are the only legendary trio composed of version mascots which all have the same base stat total - Rayquaza has 10 points total more than Groudon and Kyogre, while Kyurem has 20 points less than Reshiram and Zekrom.
- All three members of this trio have the hidden ability Telepathy.