From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Coil (Japanese: とぐろをまく Coil Around) is a non-damaging Poison-type move introduced in Generation V.
Coil raises the user's Attack, Defense and accuracy stats by one stage each.
|| The user coils up and concentrates. This raises its Attack and Defense stats as well as its accuracy.
- Coil, along with Quiver Dance and Shell Smash, are the only moves that raise three stats at once.
- This move, along with Hone Claws and Acupressure, are the only moves that raise the accuracy stat.
- Eelektrik is the only Pokémon to learn Coil that is not based on a snake.
- Despite being based on snakes, Onix and Steelix cannot learn Coil.
- None of the Pokémon that can learn Coil have a secondary type.
In other languages