Difference between revisions of "Bulbapedia talk:Project TCG/Archive/2"
(→Collection Spreadsheet: new section)
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
[[User:Hydrofoil Goat|Hydrofoil Goat]] 05:22, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
[[User:Hydrofoil Goat|Hydrofoil Goat]] 05:22, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
== Problem with TCGTrainerText ==
On Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums it seems to be adding an unnecessary line of text. I don't know enough to know how to fix that, but wanted to bring it to someone's attention... --[[User:CardKaptor|CardKaptor]] 09:53, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
Revision as of 09:53, 15 July 2011
- 1 Archives
- 2 Galleries?
- 3 To-Do List
- 4 Where to get TCG and how to store
- 5 Blister Two-Packs
- 6 Join
- 7 Card template upgrades
- 8 Pictures
- 9 Hariyama Undaunted
- 10 TCG-Exclusive Moves
- 11 Magikarp card
- 12 Top Bar on Cards
- 13 Dark Psychic Pokémon Powers look terrible
- 14 Errata
- 15 Promo
- 16 Collection Spreadsheet
- 17 Problem with TCGTrainerText
Hi there, I have a suggestion! This might be a long shot, but I thought it'd be a nice idea to have a gallery on each individual card page with variations of that card (eg. reverse holo, 1st edition, pre-release and other stamps, other languages etc). What do people think? Moltres93 08:56, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- There isn't much different for each of those different cards. Galleries take away from the quality of the images featured, hence the reason why I avoid their use. Images are for the artwork, and typically, only one artwork print is preferred. MaverickNate 21:19, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
This project should create a to-do list to see what the particpants need to do and, if any, list the wanted pages for this project.--Dbeckelheimer6 20:50, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
Where to get TCG and how to store
I would be glad to help on telling users where to get the cards and how to store them. I have lots of cards and I have come up with many different ways to store them so I would be glad to help with this subject. Please accept! Thanks, Lovewaterpokemon 17:35, 3 October 2010 (UTC)Lovewaterpokemon
I hope this is the right place for this. I've been working on adding information for new bundle releases. While I'm going to leave the picture-adding for the experts, I have to ask: does anyone know where we can find images of the more recent blister two packs (particularly, images we're allowed to use)? I can't even find images that we AREN'T allowed to use (i.e. Pokebeach), let alone ones we are allowed to use. Any thoughts? -Unknownwarrior33 00:59, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
Can I join?Mesuxelf 17:05, 12 December 2010 (UTC)
- Absolutely! MaverickNate 19:57, 12 December 2010 (UTC)
Card template upgrades
Looks like it's still a long way for 100% completion. May I join the work? Dion20 06:36, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
In the pictures of the cards, some have been released in English and have a Japenese card for the picture. Should someone change that or are you going to keep it the same? Teddy6ursa 14:35 24 December 2010 (UTC)
- The problem is that no one has uploaded an English scan at or of better quality than the Japanese scan. Yes, we would prefer English, however, we aren't going to drop quality. MaverickNate 15:23, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know if a "reply" like this is warranted/appreciated, but I will second the notion. While editing the cards the Fighting color always looked off to me. More of an orange than a brown. CardKaptor 00:47 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- The colors were designed to match the colors of the energy symbols more than anything, and have been in place for ages. I'm tempted to say just leave them as they are, but you can play around with color schemes and put what you think is best in your userspace. If it looks OK, it might warrant a change. ~~nuva-kal 21:25, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Hey, if a move gets like, printed on 3 different cards, can we provide a page for that move, that has the usual effect? E.G.- Grind. Grind does a certain amount of damage times the number of energy attached to the pokemon.
Look at this card! cant find it on the wiki. but I have it. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ceder.net/pc/images/magikarp_mysterious_treasures_small.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ceder.net/pc/card_view.php4%3Faction%3Dquery%26OrderBy%3Dcardtype%26DisplayPicture%3Don%26Page%3D12&usg=__QKGZtdQusWxTDo_UTlNNuLyAKhQ=&h=124&w=88&sz=6&hl=en&start=0&sig2=ylYWdE04JkipYoSJyuIsiQ&zoom=0&tbnid=YDbME5WQt3KPxM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=64&ei=Cp1hTd-wA4bJgQeltty5AQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmagikarp%2Bcard%2BDP%2Bmysterious%2Btreasures%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D693%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=378&oei=Cp1hTd-wA4bJgQeltty5AQ&page=1&ndsp=39&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=35&ty=57 Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf. Mesuxelf 23:01, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
- For the record, you can create an external link without showing the URL by using the following coding: [http://www.google.com Google]. It will show up as Google. Pretty nifty. --P o L i 16:52, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
Top Bar on Cards
I noticed that all of the anime episodes have a bar at the top so that you can click to go to the previous or next episodes (and the TCG sets have something similar), but the cards themselves do not. So, for example, if I'm looking at Alakazam from the Base Set and want to look at Blastoise from the same set, I have to click the Base Set link, then the Blastoise link. Can we do something similar to the anime episodes? --CardKaptor 09:37, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Doing that would result in some Pokémon having seven or eight bars on the top, and some trainer cards having 60-70 bars at the top. If it isn't an idea we can do for everything, it isn't something we should do at all. MaverickNate 18:33, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Very good point. Didn't think about that at all. My bad. --CardKaptor 20:08, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Dark Psychic Pokémon Powers look terrible
I guess stuff about the templates go here?
Definitely a corner case, but oldschool Psychic Dark Pokémon with oldschool Pokémon Powers ended up getting rendered with the name being a nearly invisible purple on slightly darker purple. You really have to highlight the text just to read it. Examples include Dark Kadabra and Dark Slowbro.
I'm not exactly sure what the best way to deal with this is, but it's pretty bad. Yoshi348 19:38, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
Just wondering what the official policy regarding errata is.
For example, Defender was recently errata'd so that it reads "by attacks" instead of "by an opponent's attack". Do I treat it as a new print so that it's now "Base Set print", "Undaunted print", "Black and White errata"? Or do I just note in the trivia section that it was errata'd?
I think the first would be better, as it lets people see the most recent valid wording without having to scroll down and check for errata in the trivia section. Thoughts? Oboewan 02:12, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
Is it alright to mention cards that are also released as promotional cards? (e.g. League promo) I know the article Pokémon League has mentioned them, but should the cards itself also be mentioned under Release Information? Lanturn 03:44, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
I've been working on an Excel spreadsheet for all the English sets and English Promo cards, to be used as a collector's resource and keep track of their collections.
I am doing the Promo spreadsheet separate because the sets one has grown too large, but the sets spreadsheet is completely finished.
Since I used the efforts of Project TCG to complete this list, I was wondering if it might be possible to upload it here for others to use. I will put in a title page crediting project TCG when it goes online, but I thought it would be more useful for people if it were here (rather than on a forum) as a readily available download.
The easiest way to contact me is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrofoil Goat 05:22, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
Problem with TCGTrainerText
On Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums it seems to be adding an unnecessary line of text. I don't know enough to know how to fix that, but wanted to bring it to someone's attention... --CardKaptor 09:53, 15 July 2011 (UTC)