From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Some Bulbapedia members have formed a project to better organize efforts pertaining to sprites on Bulbapedia. If you would like to help, please inquire on the talk page or the Bulbapedia forum. Please also read the to-do list.
Scope and aims
Project SpriteDex aims to complete and perfect Bulbapedia's sprite library. In short, any links where images should be must be replaced with the proper image, and any sprites with white backgrounds must be made transparent. Whenever the next Generation of Pokémon games is released, the project will focus its attentions on the new sprites.
All correctly categorized game sprites can be found here. However, nontransparency is easier to detect on the individual pages for each Pokémon.
To join the project, simply add your name to the bottom of this list:
- LordArceus - I do this stuff...
- UltimateSephiroth Having a break now (playing Card GB 2 for a change) (Hover to see the merits)
- Kogoro - Well, since I've already fixed a few transparency issues, I guess I should add myself.
- Chocolate - Some of the Gen. I sprites we have are all wrong. All sprites should face the viewer, and most of the Gen. I sprites fail to do that. I fixed a lot of them in early October, and I want to help with the rest.
- jpp8 - Helping out with transparencies and resizing.
- Stephen93 - Don't worry, I finally have it downpat! Helping with resizes and transparencies from Generations I and II, as well as uploading Gen. II sprites that are missing altogether.
- Tavisource-Who ever took me off of this list? I worked really hard uploading the Platinum sprites.
- Lightlowemon - I can help every now and again.
- Kenji-girl - Uploaded most of the FireRed Leaf Green sprites.
- DAWN FAN-Helpfull
- Pokelova - I've already uploaded many sprites. So I decided to join.
- Blake - I am currently making sprites Transparent. Photoshop ftw.
- Kusanagi87 - Meh. Sure, Wynaut? Working on TCG 1 card sprites, etc.
- The Dark Fiddler - I can upload screencaps of non-animated pre-gen IV sprites, but someone else will need to edit them out.
- Mclena45 - I can upload most sprites. I'm an experienced spriter and can get a lot.
- Roryrules123 - I can find sprites to do.
- YukitoOoO - I've never done this, but I'd really love to help!! ;)
- Galladeon - I do a lot of
- Craig* - I Have never made a sprite,I want to help a make this project TOP!
- Batista - I can provide missing and transparent sprites.
- Usyflad10 - making sprites transparent.
- Eeveelution Lilly - I'll help when I can.
- YronK9 - Experienced Spriter. I'll help when I can.
- Blaziken=Tahu - Specializes in the anaylsis of Shiny Sprites vs. Normal colored Sprites.
Much of this project's work will involve the Bulbagarden Archives. Please make sure you know how to upload and replace images properly before doing so.
- To provide sprites of every Pokémon for every Generation
- To change all nontransparent sprites to transparent
- To make sure each sprite is correct in terms of size, orientation, etc.
This page can be used to check which ones are missing, incorrect, or non-transparent.
WARNING! The link above contains thousands of images, so make sure your browser can handle the loading.
|| The sprites contained in this article have been redone by Project SpriteDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to complete Bulbapedia's sprite library.
|| This user is a member of Project SpriteDex.
See how the current task on our to-do list is shaping up here.
This project has no parent project.
This project currently has no subprojects.