From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Bulbapedia policies in general are statements issued by Bulbapedia that have varying scope and power. They fall into four categories:
- Policies - these are strongly binding recommendations and can be considered law.
- Guidelines - these are non-binding recommendations for administrators and users.
- Processes - these outline formal processes on Bulbapedia such as dispute resolution.
- Statements - these are official statements on things such as fair use.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Blocking policy
A summary of the offenses which can lead to blocking include but are not limited to:
- Malicious page editing
- Link hijacking
- Edit or revert wars
- Avoiding blocks through sockpuppets or proxy IPs
- Violations of other Bulbapedia policies
Image reversion policy
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Image reversion policy
The image reversion policy outlines the rules and limitations when changing screenshot images in Bulbapedia's anime articles.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Username policy
The username policy outlines what is and what is not permissible in a username on Bulbapedia, and the Bulbapedia regulations on bots.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Userspace policy
The userspace policy outlines the limitations on userpage edits on Bulbapedia, as well as what content is and is not acceptable in a user's own userpage on Bulbapedia.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Signature policy
The signature policy outlines what is and what is not permissible in a Bulbapedian's signature.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:List of edicts
Edicts are the final say on specific issues, and may be issued by the executive policymakers. They are completely binding; ignoring them carries severe consequences, which may include a block.
Appeals to have an edict rescinded or modified may be addressed to the editorial board.
Manual of style
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Manual of style
The Bulbapedia manual of style dictates the conventions and rules for writing used on Bulbapedia. It outlines the rules on names, titles, redirects, writing style, usage, etc.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Notability requirements
The notability requirements dictate what is and is not notable enough to merit a Bulbapedia article.
Protected page guidelines
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Protected page guidelines
Protected pages on Bulbapedia can only be edited by administrators. These are guidelines for adminstrators to decide whether an article requires protection.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Dispute resolution
The formalized dispute resolution process on Bulbapedia is based on hearings at two tiers.
- Main article: Bulbapedia:Copyrights