From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| "the original Pokémon community"
|| 2001 - Present
|| Main Page
Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, commonly known as Bulbagarden, is an English-language Pokémon community. It is most well known for Bulbapedia, its forums, and Bulbanews. The site's slogan is "the original Pokémon community".
Bulbagarden has, in recent years, made major pushes into the "Web 2.0" philosophy, starting with Bulbapedia and continuing with the Oekaki and the Bulbawiki networks.
The original Bulbagarden.com website was run by Bulbasaur ("Bulba", later known as Anenga after moving on from Bulbagarden), and was in operation during the so-called heyday of Pokémon Websites, in the peerage of such esteemed sites as TPM, Azure Heights, and the original UPN. The original site was shut down at the beginning of 2001 after problems with advertisers left Bulba with no ability to pay for server operation. The files were held in stasis on the server until the beginning of February, during which time the (then) forum head admin Archaic launched a desperate bid to fund the server for just one more month, enough to be allowed access to the files again and to make a forum backup.
Archaic began assembling a staff for the revitalized Bulbagarden in late 2002, following significant downtime on the part of Serebii.net, contracting the services of major players in the Pokémon community at the time. After officially opening to the public on January 1, 2003, Bulbagarden.com grew, quickly gaining memberships on the forums and struggling to put a site up for operations and a Pokédex. A pilot site had been completed, but a full version was never offered.
About a year later, the Bulbagarden.com domain name expired and was promptly squatted. After many attempts to reestablish the site at Bulbagarden.com, it was decided to move to a .net domain name, becoming (as it is today) Bulbagarden.net, which continues under the ownership of Archaic. Over the years, Bulbagarden has become one of the major communities in the online Pokémon fandom.
In its long history, Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden hosted a wide variety of websites in a time where Pokémon sites were scrambling to be hosted by the bigger and more popular sites. One such place was Articuno Island, or Prussian Town as it was known at the time. Bulbagarden now operates on its own servers and currently hosts many other sites, including Dogasu's Backpack and the Japanese Pokémon Wiki.
This is the list of Bulbagarden's senior staff. For the full list of Bulbagarden staff, including forum moderators and wiki staff, see this list.
- Archaic - Bulbagarden Webmaster
- Evil Figment - Vice-Webmaster
- evkl - Vice-Webmaster
- Zhen Lin - Vice-Webmaster, Technical Expert
- MAGNEDETH - Vice-Webmaster
- Werdnae - Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia
- Kogoro - Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia
- Gama - Head Administrator, Bulbagarden Forums
- Iteru - Head Administrator, Bulbagarden Forums
- Bikini Miltank - Editor-in-Chief, Bulbanews
- Adyniz - Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Bulbanews
- $aturn¥oshi - Coordinator, Social Medias
- Satoshi-kun - Deputy Coordinator (interim), Social Medias; owner of #Bulbagarden IRC room
Other noteworthy staff
- Dogasu - News translator, webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack, retired Head of Anime
- Musashi - Retired Head Administrator of Bulbagarden Forums, on hiatus
- Joshawott - Editor of BulbaNews Now, head of the Video Games Forum
Noteworthy retired staff
- Mozz - Creditor
- Murgatroyd - Head of Anime and Shipping, retired
- TTEchidna - Former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia,
- Argy - Former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbanews
- RexRacer - Former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbanews
- the dark lord trombonator - Former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbanews