|"the original Pokémon community"|
|Run||2001 - Present|
Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, commonly known as Bulbagarden, is an English-language Pokémon community. It is most well known for Bulbapedia, its forums, and Bulbanews. The site's slogan is "the original Pokémon community".
Bulbagarden has, in recent years, made major pushes into the "Web 2.0" philosophy, starting with Bulbapedia and continuing with the Oekaki and the Bulbawiki networks.
The original Bulbagarden.com website was run by Bulbasaur ("Bulba", later known as Anenga after moving on from Bulbagarden), and was in operation during the so-called heyday of Pokémon Websites, in the peerage of such esteemed sites as TPM, Azure Heights, and the original UPN. The original site was shut down at the beginning of 2001 after problems with advertisers left Bulba with no ability to pay for server operation. The files were held in stasis on the server until the beginning of February, during which time the (then) forum head admin Archaic launched a desperate bid to fund the server for just one more month, enough to be allowed access to the files again and to make a forum backup.
Archaic began assembling a staff for the revitalized Bulbagarden in late 2002, following significant downtime on the part of Serebii.net, contracting the services of major players in the Pokémon community at the time. After officially opening to the public on January 1, 2003, Bulbagarden.com grew, quickly gaining memberships on the forums and struggling to put a site up for operations and a Pokédex. A pilot site had been completed, but a full version was never offered.
About a year later, the Bulbagarden.com domain name expired and was promptly squatted. After many attempts to reestablish the site at Bulbagarden.com, it was decided to move to a .net domain name, becoming (as it is today) Bulbagarden.net, which continues under the ownership of Archaic. Over the years, it has become one of the major communities in the online Pokémon fandom.
Bulbagarden's current projects include Bulbapedia, Bulbanews, a Pokémon news wiki, Bulbagarden Archives, a wiki that serves as a repository for images and data, an Oekaki, and various other anime synopses and Pokémon data classification projects.
In its long history, Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden hosted a wide variety of websites in a time where Pokémon sites were scrambling to be hosted by the bigger and more popular sites. One such place was Articuno Island, or Prussian Town as it was known at the time. Bulbagarden now operates on its own servers and currently hosts many other sites, including Dogasu's Backpack and the Japanese Pokémon Wiki.
- Archaic - Head of Bulbagarden
- evkl - Chief of Staff
- $aturn¥oshi - Head Forums Administrator, Head of Social Branch, Bulbagarden Historian
- Dogasu - Administrator, Head of Anime
- MAGNEDETH - Administrator, Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia
- RexRacer - Administrator, Editor-in-Chief, Bulbanews
- Kasumi - Administrator, Head of Art
- Misty - Administrator, Co-Owner of #bulbagarden IRC Channel
- Satoshi-kun - Administrator, Co-Owner of #bulbagarden IRC Channel
- Barb - Super Moderator, Head of Fan fiction
- TTEchidna - Super Moderator, former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia
- Zhen Lin - Administrator, former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia
- Maverick Nate - Moderator, former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbagarden Archives
- Jello - Former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbagarden Archives
- Argy - Super Moderator, former Editor-in-Chief, Bulbanews
- Evil Figment - Administrator, Head of Real World, former Head Admin
- Ledian X - Moderator
- Mozz - Creditor
- Murgatroyd - Head of Anime and Shipping
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|