From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about an episode of the Pokémon anime that has not been dubbed into English. As such, its coverage may contain romanized Japanese names, rather than dub names.
| The Journalist from Another Region!
Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gōgōto!!
|| July 18, 2013
| United States
|| October 12, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 面出明美 Akemi Omode
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Assistant director
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Animation director
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| No additional credits are available at this time.
The Journalist from Another Region! (Japanese: パンジー登場！エリキテルとゴーゴート！！ Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gōgōto!!) is the 134th episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 791st episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on July 18, 2013 and is scheduled to air in the United States on October 12, 2013.
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
As they reach Minori Island, Ash and his friends meet up with Alexa, a journalist from the Kalos region, and her Pokémon Gogoat and Helioptile which Ash's Pokédex doesn't recognize. Alexa explains that she's in the Decolore Islands to write an article on the tradition of Minori Island, the Harvest Festival. As they visit the festival, they learn of a special Pokémon Sumo Tournament where the winner shall win a Focus Band, and some rare Berries. Ash, Iris and Cilan each decide to enter this tournament, but things turn out to be tougher than they thought. Who will win the tournament?
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Hariyama (Japan)
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Cinccino
- This episode marks the first anime appearance of Generation VI Pokémon and a Generation VI move.
- The English dub of the episode will be aired the same day that Pokémon X and Y are going to be released.
- The gap between the Japanese and US airings is 86 days, making this the shortest time between the premiere of the Japanese version and the English dub of the same episode, prior to the XY series sneak peek event.
- This episode aired on September 20, 2013 in Italy (on K2), twenty-two days before the US airdate. The gap between the Japanese and Italian airings is 64 days, making this the shortest time ever between the premiere of the Japanese version and a dub of the same episode, prior to the XY series sneak peek event.
- This episode marks the first appearance of a Grotle in the main series other than the one that belonged to Ash.
- In a recurring error, when Iris first releases her Dragonite from his Poké Ball, his antennae are briefly the same orange color as his body.
- When the Pokémon Sumo Tournament is about to begin, Hariyama's feet are colored the same way as its pants, and Slaking's eyes are colored the same way as its skin, expect the scleras.
Iris's Dragonite's antennae error
Minori Island Tyranitar Machop.png
Hariyama's feet and Slaking's eyes errors
In other languages
|| La giornalista di un'altra regione!