From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| To Catch a Rotom!
Rotom VS Dr. Okido!
|| May 30, 2013
| United States
|| August 31, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 川田武範 Takenori Kawada
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation director
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| No additional credits are available at this time.
To Catch a Rotom! (Japanese: ロトムVSオーキド博士！ Rotom VS Dr. Okido!) is the 128th episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 785th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on May 30, 2013 and in the United States on August 31, 2013.
- Iris and Cilan meet Professor Oak in person for the first time.
- Professor Oak catches a Rotom.
- Ash, Iris, and Cilan decide to keep traveling the Decolore Islands by ship instead of going to Kanto with Professor Oak.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Rotom
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Rotom (mid-episode) and Gigalith (end of the episode)
- This is the first time that an episode features two different Live Casters.
- This is also the first time that a Live Caster — in this case, Rotom's — has aired in the international version.
- This episode marks the first time since the Orange Islands saga (from the original series), that Japanese text can be seen.
- This episode marks the first time that someone mentions the existence of genderless Pokémon in the anime.
- Though not exactly a boss fantasy, this is the first time in the Best Wishes series that Team Rocket fantasizes about the Pokémon they are planning to steal.
- When Professor Oak initially fails to catch Rotom, he says, "Almost had it!" The same message also appears in the games if a Pokémon escapes from a Poké Ball after two/three shakes.
- In this episode, for the first time since the Diamond & Pearl series, Team Rocket uses a variation of their motto.
- The beam emitters that Team Rocket use to capture Rotom are similar in design to the Proton Packs from Ghostbusters.
- At the end of the Japanese version of the episode, the narrator impersonates Professor Oak. Both characters have the same voice actor.
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster is localized as Professor Oak's Who's That Pokémon.
- Since the narrator and Professor Oak don't share their voice actor in the English dub, Professor Oak interrupts the narrator and recites the "...as the journey continues" line himself; unlike the Japanese version which has the narrator impersonating Oak.
In other languages