From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about an episode of the Pokémon anime that has not been dubbed into English. As such, its coverage may contain romanized Japanese names, rather than dub names.
| To Catch a Rotom!
Rotom VS Dr. Okido!
|| May 30, 2013
| United States
|| August 31, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 川田武範 Takenori Kawada
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation director
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| No additional credits are available at this time.
To Catch a Rotom! (Japanese: ロトムVSオーキド博士！ Rotom VS Dr. Okido!) is the 128th episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 785th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on May 30, 2013.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Rotom (Japan)
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Rotom (mid-episode) and Gigalith (end of the episode)
- This is the first time that two different Live Casters are in the same episode.
- This episode marks the first time that someone mentions the existence of genderless Pokémon in the anime.
- Much like in The Lonely Deino!, when Iris' Emolga steps on Cilan's Stunfisk and the Mow Rotom overrides it, it cries, even though in the Pokédex it says that "its skin is very hard, so it's unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers." This was done for comical purposes.
- Though not exactly a boss fantasy, this is the first time in the Best Wishes series that Team Rocket fantasizes about the Pokémon they are planning to steal.
- In this episode, for the first time since the Diamond & Pearl series, Team Rocket uses a variation of their motto.
- The beam emitters that Team Rocket use to capture Rotom are similar in design to the Proton Packs from Ghostbusters.
- At the end of the episode, the narrator impersonates Professor Oak. Both characters have the same voice actor.
In other languages