From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Team Eevee and the Pokémon Rescue Squad!
Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!
|| November 15, 2012
| United States
|| March 2, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 米村正二 Shōji Yonemura
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Assistant director
|| 川田武範 Takenori Kawada
| Animation director
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Team Eevee and the Pokémon Rescue Squad! (Japanese: チーム・イーブイ出動せよ！ポケモンレスキュー隊！！ Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!) is the 102nd episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 759th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on November 15, 2012 and in the United States on March 2, 2013.
On their way to the Vertress City, Ash and his friends come across a bunch of giant boulders that block the path. Cilan proposes to look for anoher path, but Ash thinks they can easily climb over the rocks and Iris agrees. However, the boulders begin to move and fall into the cliff, causing Ash and Iris to fall as well. Just in time, they are saved by a man who has his Espeon use Psychic.
The man introduces himself as Virgil, a rescure worker. The group thanks him and Espeon for saving them. Virgil explains that he is part of a rescue group with various teams and his team is called "Team Eevee". He says he owns Eevee and seven of the Eeveelutions. The group becomes fascinated about this and they want to see his complete team, to which Virgil agrees. The group follows Virgil to his ranch. There, Virgil shows all the Eeveevolutions he currently owns. Virgil explains about his past, that as a child, he got lost his forest with his very first Eevee. This Eevee evolved into Umbreon and used Flash to help him get out of the forest. This is the reason that Virgil became interested in training different Eevee.
Virgil then introduces his current unevolved female Eevee, which is still in training. They suddenly hear an alarm and a helicopter piloted by Virgil's older brother Davy comes out of a nearby barn. Davy tells Virgil that he will head to the emergency at a nearby dam with his Stoutland. The group then rush to the Virigl's father to hear about what happened. He explains that a Cryogonal has frozen the dam.
Davy arrives at the dam and he has his Stoutland search for the location where the men are trapped in the building. They are trapped in a control house with a frozen door. Davy sends out his Bisharp which uses Slash to open the door. Davy leads the trapped men out of the building. The rampaging Cryogonal suddenly appears and freezes the door of the control house once again, now with Davy and Stoutland inside. Davy calls his father that he is trapped in the building. Virgil decides to go to help his brother and Ash and the group propose to help out as well.
They arrvie at the dam and Davy gives Virgil the location where he got trapped. Virgil sends out his Flareon which uses Flamethrower to melt the frozen door. However, Virigl finds that door is locked and sends out Umbreon and Glaceon. He orders Glaceon to use Icy Wind on the keyhole while Umbreon uses Psychic to create a key. But then he finds out that the door is rusted. He sends out his Vaporeon to use BubbleBeam on the door and it finally opens.
They open the door but find that Davy is not there. It is completely dark due to the power failure, but Virgil has his Umbreon to use Flash. The group arrives at the power generator and find out that its batteries are low. Virgil sends out Jolteon to use Thunderbolt to power it up. Ash has Pikachu help as well and together they manage to get the power back on. Meanwhile, Davy finds another worker at the elevator.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Eevee
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Eevee Cup
- This episode, also focusing on Eevee and its evolutions, aired less than a week after the announcement of this tournament.
- This episode holds the record for the most amount of Pokédex entries in a single episode, that being nine. The scanned Pokémon were Eevee, its evolutions, and Cryogonal.
- Virgil's Vaporeon uses BubbleBeam during this episode, an attack it has been unable to learn since Generation I.
- Virgil and his Eevee, along with the Pokémon Rescue Squad run by his father, are a reference to the TV Series Thunderbirds, which feature brothers using specialised equipment to save people in trouble in the same way Virgil uses different Eevee evolutions to save people. Thunderbirds had a character named Virgil, and the Thunderbirds were run by the brother's father as well.
Glaceon's miscolored paws.
- When Virgil's Eeveelutions are presented to Ash, Glaceon's paws are miscolored.
- When Virgil sends out all his Eeveelutions to confront the Cryogonal, Glaceon's sherpa cap is miscolored.
In other languages