From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Revision as of 16:23, 27 April 2013
| Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!
Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!
|| September 27, 2012
| United States
|| January 19, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 矢嶋哲生 Tetsuo Yajima
| Assistant director
|| 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
| Animation director
|| 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Meloetta and the Undersea Temple! (Japanese: メロエッタと海底の神殿！ Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!) is the 96th episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 753rd episode of the Pokémon anime. It aired in Japan on September 27, 2012, in the UK on December 31, 2012 and in the United States on January 19, 2013.
Somewhere in the sea near Unova a Team Rocket helicopter lands on a floating platform. Giovanni comes out of the helicopter along with a few Team Rocket Grunts and is welcomed by Jessie, James, Meowth and Dr. Zager. Team Rocket's plan involving Meloetta will finally commence...
Meanwhile, at Cynthia's villa in Undella Town, Ash and Cilan have a training battle, with Ash's Oshawott battling with Cilan's Pansage. Cilan commands Pansage to use Bullet Seed, but Ash orders Oshawott to use Razor Shell. Meloetta likes their battle and transforms in its Pirouette Forme, wanting to battle too, against Oshawott. Oshawott doesn't want this, as he is in love with Meloetta. Ash, who thinks a battle against Meloetta would be cool then sends out Krookodile and the two start their battle. Meloetta uses Hyper Voice, but Krookodile manages to hold on. Ash orders him to use Stone Edge, but Meloetta manages to take all stones with its fighting techniques. Ash then orders Krookodile to use Dragon Claw. However, before he hits Meloetta, a Flash Cannon comes out of nowhere, which is revealed to come from a Golurk! The Golurk flies down and lands and a mysterious man appears to its side. He falsely thinks Ash and his group are villains for attacking Meloetta and tells the Golurk to attack them, but Meloetta steps in between and the man understands that they are Meloetta's friends.
The man introduces himself as Ridley. He explains that he and Meloetta lived a peaceful life in their village, until Team Rocket came in and stole Meloetta. He tried to stop them, but Team Rocket managed to escape with Dr. Zager's helicopter. Ridley then explains that Team Rocket kidnapped Meloetta to use its ability to summon the Abyssal Ruins.
Their conversation is short-lived as Team Rocket surrounds Cynthia's villa and creates a dark fog. Ridley and Meloetta try to escape but they are stopped by a Golem and a Rhydon used by two Team Rocket Grunts. The Rhydon uses Megahorn but Ridley shields it by ordering his Golurk to use Heavy Slam. Golem then uses Rock Blast. Ridley orders Ash his friends to escape while he battles them. After that, Ridley has Golurk to use Heavy Slam again to take out Rhydon. Golem uses Steamroller to attack.
Ash and his friends continue to run away from Team Rocket, but are now confronted by Jessie, James and Meowth. James has his Yamask to use Will-O-Wisp to trap them. Meloetta tries to escape by turning invisible, but James uses his infrared glasses and orders Yamask to use Shadow Ball. Ash and Pikachu run away while Cilan and Iris stay behind to battle.
Pikachu suddenly stops, sensing another Pokémon. This Pokémon turns out to be none other than Giovanni's Persian, which Ash's scans with his Pokédex. Giovanni appears as well, having come to steal Meloetta. He orders Persian to use Shadow Claw, but Ash orders Pikachu to use Iron Tail to take him down. Giovanni, upon seeing Meloetta has turned invisible with his infrared glasses, orders his Persian to use Power Gem to take Ash and Pikachu down. This also causes Meloetta to appear, in shock. A helicopter traps Ash and Pikachu with a synthetic cube. Giovanni orders Meloetta to come with him or else he will crush Ash. With no other options, Meloetta agrees and comes with him. The cube containing Ash and Pikachu is also taken along. They head to the Abyssal Ruins where the final stage of Team Rocket's plan begins!
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Golurk
- Team Rocket's Pokémon Live Caster: Kami trio
- Despite having made its debut over 700 episodes ago, this is the first time when Giovanni's Persian is seen using any moves.
- This is also the first episode to show Persian's Poké Ball.
- This is also the first time when Persian is scanned with a Pokédex.
- The spiraling staircase in the Abyssal Ruins resemble the same stairs seen in the Relic Castle in the previews for the two unaired episodes. Also, the way the Reveal Glass rises from the top of the stairs resembles the way the Meteonite revealed itself in the same preview.
- This episode marks the first time that Ash has a battle directly against the leader of a villainous team.
- This marks one of the very few times in the Pokémon anime when a character has threatened to kill another character, as Giovanni threatens to squash Ash and Pikachu inside of a shrinking force field cube if Meloetta doesn't give itself up.
- Background music from Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Zoroark: Master of Illusions, White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram was used in this episode.
- This episode was aired in several countries before its airing in the US:
- On December 31, 2012, it was aired in the UK, nineteen days before the US airdate.
- On January 3, 2013, it was aired in Italy (on K2), sixteen days before the US airdate.
- On January 9, 2013, it was aired in Poland (on DisneyXD), ten days before the US airdate.
- On January 19, 2013, it was aired in Latin America, at the same time than the US airing.
- It was supposed to air in English but it was erroneously broadcasted on Cartoon Network USA via the Secondary Audio Track in all U.S. and U.S. Territories using the dubbed Latin American Spanish track, which was scheduled to debut in 2014.
- The English title is a literal and punctuative copy of the Japanese title.
In other languages
| Mandarin Chinese
|| Meloetta en de Onderwater Tempel!
|| Το Meloetta και ο Υποβρύχιος Ναός!
|| Meloetta e il Tempio Sommerso!
|| Meloetta I Zatopiona Świątynia!
|| Latin America
|| ¡Meloetta y el Templo Submarino!
|| ¡Meloetta y el Templo Submarino!