From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown!
The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!
|| April 5, 2012
| United States
|| August 4, 2012
|| Team Kato
|| 米村正二 Shōji Yonemura
|| 川田武範 Takenori Kawada
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation director
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown! (Japanese: 決戦ドンナマイト！ナゲキVSダゲキ！！ The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!) is the 73rd episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 730th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on April 5, 2012 and in the United States on August 4, 2012.
Don George announces the beginning of the first semi-final battle between Stephan and Bianca, angering Stephan after mispronouncing his name. Sawk runs into the stadium and pumps up, as Bianca enters on time and without tripping over herself. Sawk begins the battle with Bulk Up and Emboar uses Hammer Arm, but it dodges the attack. Sawk hurts Emboar badly with Karate Chop. Emboar unsuccessfully uses Hammer Arm again, as Sawk then attacks Emboar with Close Combat. Emboar retaliates by throwing him. Sawk then uses Bulk Up to power up again, as Emboar uses Flamethrower but misses. Sawk then uses two successive Karate Chops to knock Emboar out and win the match.
Don George announces the next Semi-Finals match, between Ash and Montgomery. Scraggy tries to use Leer on Throh, who however terrifies him by glaring. Scraggy runs back to Ash as Throh makes a gesture, telling him to come closer. Scraggy fires several Focus Blasts that miss, as Throh remains still. Throh moves towards Scraggy to use Superpower and Scraggy tries to fight back with Hi Jump Kick, but is lured into Throh's Circle Throw. Scraggy uses Headbutt on Throh but it does little damage, allowing him to use Superpower and throw Scraggy again. Scraggy fails to land another Focus Blast and Throh finishes him off with a Seismic Toss, allowing Montgomery to move to the finals with Stephan. During a lunch break, Bianca rubs Sawk's arm and admires him before hugging him. Stephan and Sawk are served an easily digestible meal, as they chow down quickly. During their lunch break, the group realizes that Throh is hiding another attack from them, and presume that it will not be used until the finals.
As the final tournament battle is about to begin, Stephan and Montgomery enter the stadium with their Pokémon. Sawk begins with Low Sweep but Throh uses Circle Throw to throw him to the ground with Sawk able to land on his feet and avoid damage. Sawk tries to use Karate Chop on Throh but is grabbed while Throh is on his knees, and Throh uses Circle Throw on him again. Throh grabs Sawk with Bind and takes him to the ground. Sawk uses Bulk Up, and then Close Combat to escape Bind. Sawk's next Low Sweep hits its mark, but Throh uses Superpower to throw him to the ground. Throh tries to hit Sawk when he is on the ground, but Sawk dodges the attack. The audience claps and cheers with excitement and Burgundy is jealous of Cilan's battle evaluation skills. Sawk bulks up but Throh grabs him and brings him into the air to do a Seismic Toss. Sawk is able to slip out of Throh's grip but they both hit the ground hard. Stephan as well as Ash and his friends yell for Sawk to get up. Both Throh have trouble getting up. Throh moves in to finish off Sawk with Bind, but Sawk uses Close Combat. Sawk respectfully bows to Throh and walks away as Throh faints from exhaustion.
Stephan and Sawk hug each other after their victory. Stephan and Sawk acknowledge the crowd after they are announced as the winners of the championship. Montgomery respectfully shakes Stephan's hand to congratulate him on the win. Stephan is handed the sign with the year's supply of vitamins and he shows it to everyone in the stands. Don George tells the crowd to give a big round of applause to Stephan, who is furious due to the mispronunciations. Ash and his friends say their goodbyes to their rivals and head off to Icirrus City. To finish off the episode, the narrator mispronounces Stephan's name which makes him mad.
- Stephan defeats Bianca and advances to the final round.
- Montgomery defeats Ash and advances to the final round.
- Stephan defeats Montgomery in the final round, winning the Clubsplosion tournament and a year's supply of Vitamins.
- Stephan leaves the group.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Throh
- Sawk's forehead appears larger than normal in one scene.
- While Stephan and Sawk are hugging each other, Sawk has four fingers on his right hand when he should have only three. His fingers are also missing their patterns.
- The stand that Stephan and Sawk were standing on after he won the Clubsplosion tournament appeared to be big enough only to hold two people while Don George and Freddy O'Martian stood on the ground next to the stand. As the camera pans out giving a full view of the battle field, however, the stand is dramatically larger, appearing like a stage, and Don George and Freddy are standing on it along with Stephan and Sawk.
- In the dub, Burgundy says she is going to be an A-class Connoisseur when she's going to be an A-class Connoisseuse.
In other languages