Animals in the Pokémon world
| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Real-world animals have been mentioned more than once to exist in the world of Pokémon. Most often, they are mentioned in relation to a Pokémon species. For example, Pikachu is known as the "Mouse Pokémon" hinting that real-world mice exist in the Pokémon world. Other than this, all other mentions of animals are rare.
In the games
A few Pokédex entries have mentioned the existence of real-world animals.
- In Raichu's FireRed Pokédex entry, Indian Elephants are mentioned.
- In Golbat's Emerald Pokédex entry, it says "Its fangs easily puncture even thick animal hide."
- In Drowzee's FireRed Pokédex entry, it says it is a "descendant of the legendary animal baku."
- In Red, Blue, and Yellow Versions, the player makes a comment about crabs while aboard the S.S. Anne.
- In Red, Blue, and Yellow Versions, a chef aboard the S.S. Anne says "Er-hem! Indeed I am le CHEF! Le main course is Eels au Barbecue!" He also speaks of a "Salad le salmon".
In the anime
Animals have been seen in the anime. They were more common in the original series as there weren't as many Pokémon species back then. A promotional ad for the Pokémon anime once featured a dog walking past Ash and his friends. Also, at some points during the course of some episodes, viewers can hear the sounds of birds.
Animal appearances have become less frequent as more and more Pokémon were added to take their places.
- Fish can be seen in the fish tanks inside the gym. They have made later appearances featuring the Cerulean Gym.
- More fish can be seen swimming in the ocean near the sunken St. Anne.
- Fish can be seen in the aquarium in Nastina's vision of her completed luxury hotel.
- In one scene, James is holding a lobster.
- While Ash and his friends are looking for a hotel to stay in, a picture of a tiger can be seen in one of the hotels.
- While Meowth was looking for food, he came across some fish bones.
- When one of Misty's catches escapes from her fishing line, Ash says that it was probably a catfish. Though, it was actually Meowth.
- Coral was seen a few times.
In the manga
Animals have also been seen in the manga.
- In the manga How I Became a Pokémon Card, the manga shows a cat in one chapter.
- In the manga Pokémon Pocket Monsters, the manga shows regular animals appear alongside with Pokémon.
- In the manga Pokémon Get da ze!, the manga shows a snail in one chapter.
|This article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|