Amity Square (Japanese: ふれあいひろば Contact Plaza) is a park in Sinnoh where trainers can walk around with their Pokémon and talk to them to check their moods. Amity Square is located north of Hearthome City. The setup in Amity Square is identical to the Pikachu interaction system that was in Pokémon Yellow. Only certain small Pokémon can be taken for walks in Amity Square, usually of a "cute" appearance. Pokémon will fetch accessories or berries for their owners every 200 steps.
In Pokémon Platinum, more Pokémon are allowed in than before, and the area has been expanded and redesigned. It now includes a rather large pool of water.
Before National Dex
After National Dex
Items that can be found
By the player
- TM43 (Secret Power)
- TM45 (Attract)
- Spooky Plate
- Amulet Coin (hidden in the old building on the left, up the stairs from the boy with Drifloon)
By the player's Pokémon
In the anime
- One of the few Pokémon allowed out from the Poké Ball is Pikachu, which did the same throughout the game Pokémon Yellow.
- No Generation II Pokémon are allowed in Amity Square.
- Ash Ketchum and most of his friends have a Pokémon that can be used in Amity Square: Ash has Pikachu,Turtwig and chimchar, Misty has Psyduck, Brock has Happiny, May has Skitty, and had Torchic and Dawn has Buneary, Pachirisu, and Piplup. The only ones who don't have an Amity Square Pokémon are Tracey and Max, and the latter because he doesn't have any Pokémon.
- There is also a small location in Fall City, Fiore called Amity Square.
- It is revealed by a citizen of Hearthome City that Mr. Backlot, owner of the Trophy Garden, owns Amity Square.
- If the walk through walls cheat is used, the first Pokémon in the party will be taken into the garden with the player; it will not, however, be able to be seen or be able to pick up items. The Pokémon can only be noticed when speaking to one of the women near the gates.