From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Once More with Reeling
Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle!!
|| September 7, 2006
| United States
|| February 24, 2007
|| Team Iguchi
|| 武上純希 Junki Takegami
|| 川田武範 Takenori Kawada
| Assistant director
|| 渡辺正彦 Masahiko Watanabe
| Animation director
|| 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Once More with Reeling (Japanese: サトシVSハルカ！ラストバトル!! Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle!!) is episode 190 of Advanced Generation. It was first broadcast in Japan on September 7, 2006 and in the USA on February 24, 2007.
On their way to their respective homes, Ash and May enter a contest in Terracata Town. Appealing with Pikachu and Eevee, Ash and May both get past the appeal stage and end up having to battle each other. Ash uses Sceptile, and May uses her newly evolved Blaziken, and the battle is fierce. However, despite the type advantage, both Pokémon are evenly matched. With 20 seconds left of battling, both Pokémon fire one last Solarbeam and Overheat attacks, respectively. They collide, and a thick cloud of smoke coats the arena. Which Pokémon remains standing...?
To be continued...
- Ash enters his first (though unofficial) Pokémon Contest.
- May achieves first place in the first round with Eevee, while Ash achieves second place with Pikachu.
- May's Combusken evolves into Blaziken during a battle with Team Rocket.
- May's Blaziken learns Blaze Kick.
- Ash and May enter the final round with Sceptile and Blaziken respectively.
- Both Pokémon use their abilities (Blaze and Overgrow respectively) in the last minute of battling.
- An alternate cut of 私、負けない！ ～ハルカのテーマ～ I won't lose! ~Haruka's theme~ is used as background music during May's appeal.
- An alternate cut of Spurt! is used as background music during Ash's appeal.
- Pokémon Symphonic Medley is used as background music during the battle between Ash and May.
- May's Combusken and Blaziken are both listed in the credits separately, as they have different voice actors.
- The flag on the Team Rocket mecha depicts a variant of the Flag of Japan and Mount Fuji.
- The Japanese version featured a banner promoting the unofficial contest using the American logo for the Pokémon fanchise.
In other languages
- French: Coordinateur surprise
- French: Una Partenza da rimandare